Notices

Alarm tow veh.and trailor

Old 10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Alarm tow veh.and trailor

Who has an alarm that provides security from the tow veh. while electrical is hooked up.Another words if they unhook the elect. while tow veh. is armed ALARM will sound. If so what kind?
Old 10-28-2002, 08:05 PM
FWK

I don't know of a company that makes an alarm like that but you can use a stanard alarm to sense the trailer being unhooked. most alarms have multiple sensor inputs. Forrest

Old 10-28-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

When trailering, it is important to realize that if they steal your tow rig they get the boat free. I can send you an alarm and all the color codes to your car for an easy install. I can also add a closed loop sensor to the trailer plug to sound if unplugged. A basic system would cost around $70. Let me know if I can help you out.

Andy Buzz
Buzz-Off Alarm Systems
Tampa, FL
(813)882-8477
Old 10-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Will get with u soon!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Speed2Lead,

Andy is correct about the closed loop sensor and pricing for an alarm.

Keep this in mind though......Alarms keep honest people honest. Nothing more. I have been installing these things in my shop by the hundreds for almost 7 years now. I could get around one in 5-10 seconds and I'm no thief. Imagine what someone that knows what they're doing could do?

How many times has an alarm gone off in the Wal Mart parking lot and you paid any attention to it?

Don't waste your money IMO. Buy a large man eating dog, makes more sense.

Buck
Old 10-29-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forget the alarm.Lock the boat to the trailer,lock the trailer to the hitch,lock the hitch to the truck and install a hidden keyed cut out switch on the power supply from the fuse board to the ignition or fuel system.Use top quality hardened locks and chain and fuggetaboutit.ITS SAFE!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:22 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airpacker is probably the most correct one here. Lock it and disable it!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

In the real world a starter kill keypad or stand alone engine kill does not work. Picture this; a thief wants your truck. First, he breaks in causing damage to enter such as a damaged door. Second, he breaks out ignition or column. If you have a starter interupt that is well thought out the system still has not stopped your loss as you still spend hundreds on door and ignition repair. Third, the disgruntled thief, now a sore loser with tools bashes your cluster, stabs your seats, and urinates in your car. He can spend all the time in the world in your car and if he really wants it, he can do a starter kill bypass as there is no pressure for him to leave as he is still undetected in his eyes.

With a siren based system, properly installed, the thief is psychologically in a hurry to leave hence minimizing damages. I realize that alarms sound all the time at WalMart and that no one pays attention. I have installed alarms for over twenty years and have installed over 43,000 alarms in the Tampa Bay area and have found that if the thief cannot find the siren, its wires, alarm or any related parts then the thief cannot stop the noise and will leave. We also set up an engine disable so that the thief cannot drive off.

The key is all installation related. If the thief cannot find anything he will leave. I also sell satellite tracking systems that call you ten seconds after your door opens and report your vehicle location. Great in case of a car-jacking.

Feel free to visit my website at www.buzz-off.com for more info and if you need help feel free to call.

Andy Buzz
Old 10-31-2002, 07:21 PM
Registered

Hey Guyz,Yes if he wants it he will get it,but I`m not going to make it easy nor am I gonna go to a total lock down of everything. All I want to know is that I did everything within reason,so the Insurance Co. won`t ***** till hell freezes over. As for the alarms in parking lots,I think we all look over to the sound cause curiosity always kicks in, Its human nature. andy what kinda of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ am I looking at for a F-250 Crew Cab,no satellite,just a better set up then those run of the mill vipers. And not alot of bells and whistles,just a secured veh. when armed.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

There are many choices and deals that I can put together for you. Feel free to call me in the a.m. at (813)882-8477. I will be there till around 12 and then off to the boat show.

I will put together a great deal for you.

Andy Buzz