Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gotta hand it to Matt & Jason from Speed On The Water, Greg from OSO, &  Devin too >

Gotta hand it to Matt & Jason from Speed On The Water, Greg from OSO, & Devin too

Notices

Gotta hand it to Matt & Jason from Speed On The Water, Greg from OSO, & Devin too

Old 11-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Gotta hand it to Matt & Jason from Speed On The Water, Greg from OSO, & Devin too

1) The party was OFF THE CHAIN. It was definitely the best event attended by the masses this year in Key West, hands down. I didn't bid on anything in the auction, as I was too busy losing my voice chatting with Eleventy-Billion "friends and family" in attendance. I personally view Key West as a giant yearly reunion, and the SOTW/OSO party was the pinnacle of such. They say lemon juice helps singers keep their voice in check. I was trying that trick with Corona/Lime and Bud Light Lime. (Spoiler: DIDN'T WORK!)

2) Speed On The Water was CLEARLY the best represented overall industry brand across the whole extended weekend. EVERYWHERE you turned there was SOTW apparel being worn; ALL the time; from those coming in at dawn, to breakfast, to those rallying for an all-nighter. .

3) Devin, thanks for your contributions to the party as well. It was great to see you. There wasn't 3 minutes that went by all weekend that you didn't see a green or pink Wozencraft Koozie being tilted up.

I will admit I don't know everything that went on behind the scenes, but big thanks to everyone else that contributed as well. It was also great to see the "OG" there, aka, Steve Schuble with his lovely GF Natalie. He looked so happy not having to daily babysit 85,000 bulletin board members!

Only pic I took, on Saturday no less, reminiscing about the great time on Thursday:

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-15-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:23 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Going to need a bigger place next year!!
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 11-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
1) The party was OFF THE CHAIN. It was definitely the best event attended by the masses this year in Key West, hands down. I didn't bid on anything in the auction, as I was too busy losing my voice chatting with Eleventy-Billion "friends and family" in attendance. I personally view Key West as a giant yearly reunion, and the SOTW/OSO party was the pinnacle of such. They say lemon juice helps singers keep their voice in check. I was tying that trick with Corona/Lime and Bud Light Lime. (Spoiler: DIDN'T WORK!)

2) Speed On The Water was CLEARLY the best represented overall industry brand across the whole extended weekend. EVERYWHERE you turned there was SOTW apparel being worn; ALL the time; from those coming in at dawn, to breakfast, to those rallying for an all-nighter. .

3) Devin, thanks for your contributions to the party as well. It was great to see you. There wasn't 3 minutes that went by all weekend that you didn't see a green or pink Wozencraft Koozie being tilted up.

I will admit I don't know everything that went on behind the scenes, but big thanks to everyone else that contributed as well. It was also great to see the "OG" there, aka, Steve Schuble with his lovely GF Natalie. He looked so happy not having to daily babysit 85,000 bulletin board members!
Perfectly put!

Total reunion and definitely look forward to it every year. it just keeps getting better and yea, bigger venue might be in order!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Thank you to EVERYONE that helped make it a smashing success. We are nearing $20k in proceeds to benefit the Samuel's House charity with totals still pending.

It is a tremendous amount of work as it has grown into a MONSTER event. The work behind the scenes by my cohorts and I is exhausting but truly rewarding. I am an OSO OG and hope to keep the place relevant until I am not.

We have discussed venue options after every year. The main factors standing in the way are

1) Finding a place that will WANT/NEED our business. Most places that are sizable are already busy that weekend.
2) Loyalty. The Sandbar bent over backwards when we first approached them 3 years ago without knowing if we would have 20 people or 2000. Every year they listen to our suggestions and make them happen best they can.
3) Location matters. A bigger venue that isn't easy to get to or find won't help the situation and probably make it worse for everyone.
4) Ideas and options are already being considered INCLUDING getting a permit to close the street out front and have bars/beertubs outside.

We will make changes as we always do. Stay tuned.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Thank you to EVERYONE that helped make it a smashing success. We are nearing $20k in proceeds to benefit the Samuel's House charity with totals still pending.

It is a tremendous amount of work as it has grown into a MONSTER event. The work behind the scenes by my cohorts and I is exhausting but truly rewarding. I am an OSO OG and hope to keep the place relevant until I am not.

We have discussed venue options after every year. The main factors standing in the way are

1) Finding a place that will WANT/NEED our business. Most places that are sizable are already busy that weekend.
2) Loyalty. The Sandbar bent over backwards when we first approached them 3 years ago without knowing if we would have 20 people or 2000. Every year they listen to our suggestions and make them happen best they can.
3) Location matters. A bigger venue that isn't easy to get to or find won't help the situation and probably make it worse for everyone.
4) Ideas and options are already being considered INCLUDING getting a permit to close the street out front and have bars/beertubs outside.

We will make changes as we always do. Stay tuned.
As I was reading through your reply, I thought, close the street down with a tent out front and a bar. some speaker put outside for the action inside with the music or whatever. Plus, I totally get it - The people at sandbar have been very good to you guys and really, it is a great venue, just now cramp because the event is blowin' up. Good place for sure. Probably not cheap though to close the street and all that. Tough call.

Last edited by thisistank; 11-15-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,044 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Who made the banner hanging @ Sandbars

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 11-15-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Brian and Tank, you guys are way too kind and we're flattered. As always, co-hosting this event was our pleasure.

Nothing has been ruled in or out for next year. That said, the street closure idea is intriguing. That would solve a lot of the crowding problems but still keep everyone in the same vicinity.

I spoke to the general manager of a larger venue and he expressed unsolicited interest, but I don't think that resolves our space problem. Yes, we could get into a bigger venue but there's no way another venue could or would want to limit attendance to our party goers, as Greg pointed out. So we'd pretty much end up in the same situation with our crowd plus all the random people populating Duval Street on any given Thursday evening.

Loving the street closure idea. And I think we know people who could make that happen.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

You know, the Maryland/Chesapeake Crew does their Scooter Poker Run on Thursday afternoon.

I’m thinking it could culminate at the SandBar, a couple of staged “accidents” on either end; and 4 gallons of ketchup from CostCo...
...should buy us 3 hours minimum; no permit needed.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
You know, the Maryland/Chesapeake Crew does their Scooter Poker Run on Thursday afternoon.

I’m thinking it could culminate at the SandBar, a couple of staged “accidents” on either end; and 4 gallons of ketchup from CostCo...
...should buy us 3 hours minimum; no permit needed.
A small fire on a scooter could help too. LOL
Old 11-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
A small fire on a scooter could help too. LOL
1 fire
1 messy accident

PERFECT.

You know, just wondering.... "I'll light this thing on fire before it gets towed!" Was that said Thursday night?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.