Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sneak Peeks: Donzi 41 GT No. 2 And 44 Catamaran No. 1 >

Sneak Peeks: Donzi 41 GT No. 2 And 44 Catamaran No. 1

Notices

Sneak Peeks: Donzi 41 GT No. 2 And 44 Catamaran No. 1

Old 11-29-2018, 09:32 AM
  #1  
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,074
Received 866 Likes on 409 Posts
Default Sneak Peeks: Donzi 41 GT No. 2 And 44 Catamaran No. 1

Coming to Miami in 2019, two cool—and too cool—reveals from Donzi, https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...catamaran-no-1.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 11:19 AM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Posts: 4,600
Received 264 Likes on 129 Posts
Default

The new 41 looks much better then the first and the cat deck is very nice. So Fountain somehow crushed some boat molds and Donzi contracts out for a new catamaran mold sorta implies Iconic is funding Donzi to build new and Fountain puts some lipstick on existing stuff.
Interceptor is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 11:53 AM
  #3  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 223
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Both boats look great, can’t wait to see that cat all rigged. Isn’t the predicted 80mph with 3 400’s on the low side? Hustler broke 100mph with the same motors on the shotgun.
apex svt is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 12:38 PM
  #4  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 5,276
Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts
Default

That outside contractor doesn't happen to be someone with initials JC does it?
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 02:24 PM
  #5  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
Posts: 3,731
Received 75 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by apex svt View Post
Both boats look great, can’t wait to see that cat all rigged. Isn’t the predicted 80mph with 3 400’s on the low side? Hustler broke 100mph with the same motors on the shotgun.
Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
That outside contractor doesn't happen to be someone with initials JC does it?
So the boys at the factory were all excited to hear that they were going to get the opportunity to build a new ZRC with triple outboards. Naturally they wanted to do the mold in-house but were overruled by the bosses and JC was contracted to make the mold.

When the boys received the mold they were more than disappointed to see that it lacked both the ZRC's pad bottom and the notched transom. So they warned management, "With the bottom you are giving us this thing is going to be a turd!" Management responded by saying, "Speed isn't everything" and to go ahead and build it - so they did. At least the boys convinced them that calling it a ZRC would soil a great name - and it was changed to GT.
Marginmn is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 03:14 PM
  #6  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cape coral, FL
Posts: 4,190
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
The new 41 looks much better then the first and the cat deck is very nice. So Fountain somehow crushed some boat molds and Donzi contracts out for a new catamaran mold sorta implies Iconic is funding Donzi to build new and Fountain puts some lipstick on existing stuff.
fountain got the 39NX a full new CC. Supposedly they are ready to build a new lightning if they get an order. Rumor has it they have changed prepared for that also.
Crude Intentions is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 06:25 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Bostonirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: S. Boston MA
Posts: 838
Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

Who designed the cat bottom ? Will it be a typical 5 or 6 seater ? Bold move in my opinion . Best of luck to them in it
Bostonirish is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 07:15 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 223
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
So the boys at the factory were all excited to hear that they were going to get the opportunity to build a new ZRC with triple outboards. Naturally they wanted to do the mold in-house but were overruled by the bosses and JC was contracted to make the mold.

When the boys received the mold they were more than disappointed to see that it lacked both the ZRC's pad bottom and the notched transom. So they warned management, "With the bottom you are giving us this thing is going to be a turd!" Management responded by saying, "Speed isn't everything" and to go ahead and build it - so they did. At least the boys convinced them that calling it a ZRC would soil a great name - and it was changed to GT.
Ouch, sounds like a shot to the nuts. No doubt it could have been something way more impressive. Speed is everything, that’s why people are buying these big outboard boats, because they can put up big numbers with low maintenance. Just like the center consoles, or WP,fountain, or skater cats.
apex svt is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 07:18 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile JC?

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
That outside contractor doesn't happen to be someone with initials JC does it?
So the Lord is designing boats for Donzi? Probably will have a better than average chance at profitability with Divine Intervention!
sprsptr is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 07:53 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
jadento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Odenton, MD
Posts: 361
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

I have never seen a deck wrap around and be half the hull side like that cat deck. I guess it does not matter where they join if your not doing a rub rail?
jadento is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.