Old 11-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Let us know of any changes
Old 11-30-2018, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^^ but what happens when electric gets knocked out ? One year we had really bad ice for a straight week and 4 degrees for 10 straight days, that knocked out electric for a week straight in alot places. ( the ice caused it ) . No one made it that year.
Ha, that sucks! We only loose power for long periods due to Hurricanes. Normally we dont have but a couple “nights” where temps get below freezing and rare that its below 32 for 24hours. BUT, I have a backup generator for the house!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Cigare....m43663.l10137
Old 12-01-2018, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

You just dodged a bullet by the seller not finding the title.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

You got lucky he didn't find the title..Run forrest run. I got left holding the bag of chit on a similar purchase that was a bad decision on my part. Find a good runner and enjoy boating as others have stated. As far as winterization in S.C.we go boating.When it was 48* we don motorcycle helmets and are off. Pun intended. Even some of the wife's suit up and appease us diehards.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Instead of taking a massive gamble, why not tell him to take it to the marina, have the starters fixed and you will add that to the final purchase price assuming everything checks out. You're going to have to pay for the parts either way so the only thing you would be "out" would be what you are saving on labor.

Takes all the risk out of the deal (although my guess is he'll balk at this approach because he's hiding something and you'll know the truth).

Good luck - I remember sitting in the hotel before I picked up my Cafe - seller called me and said an engine blew up right after a refresh and that I'd have to come back in a couple weeks after he got it fixed. He did, and I did..... Honesty and fair dealing at its finest
Old 12-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

Punt.

Too much stuff out there for sale, all sizes and in all price ranges.
The Formula inventory is always high.

Ive been screwed a number of times buying site unseen. Not smart enough to stop though.

Nothing wrong w/a non running, no history rig as long as its priced accordingly.

Walk away.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I wasn't so lucky. I drove to Atlanta. Test drove boat or rather test rode. Picked to boat up two weeks later after something told me to walk and the asshat had blow a motor in the interim. Karma is a Biotch Todd if you read this. Seaford has the best suggestion so far if you are really set on the boat. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Why not offer to change out the starters for him after he finds the title? You plan on doing them anyway, if it turns out it’s more, pull them off and move on only out some time. That’s a lot better than time and a bunch of money.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Instead of taking a massive gamble, why not tell him to take it to the marina, have the starters fixed and you will add that to the final purchase price assuming everything checks out. You're going to have to pay for the parts either way so the only thing you would be "out" would be what you are saving on labor.

Takes all the risk out of the deal (although my guess is he'll balk at this approach because he's hiding something and you'll know the truth).

Good luck - I remember sitting in the hotel before I picked up my Cafe - seller called me and said an engine blew up right after a refresh and that I'd have to come back in a couple weeks after he got it fixed. He did, and I did..... Honesty and fair dealing at its finest

Assuming this is the boat you want, the above advise is the best offered here so far. If the motors are good the seller should jump at this chance to show you they are. If he balks then that should tell you something is wrong. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.