Sitting in a hotel about to get my first “real boat” tomorrow morning >

Sitting in a hotel about to get my first “real boat” tomorrow morning

Notices

Sitting in a hotel about to get my first “real boat” tomorrow morning

Old 11-30-2018, 03:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sitting in a hotel about to get my first “real boat” tomorrow morning

I have to share my fun with you guys; Thursday I got a call from a guy who’s had a beautiful Formula 272 SR1 for sale for a few weeks that I could never get a hold of after multiple attempts. We spoke a bit about his boat and I was very impressed by everything he told me and after him making me an offer I couldn’t refuse, I snagged a rental truck and was on the highway for an 11 hr road trip to buy his boat.

Im writing this from the hotel room I just got to about 30 min ago (3:30am my time) and I don’t know how I’m going to get any good sleep before going to see and hopefully leave with the boat tomorrow morning.

I’ll go into more details tomorrow after I’ve secured the boat but as of now, the only negative is the starters are both bad and will need to be replaced. It’s a small block boat so I hope it can be accomplished without removing the motors as long as I take the manifolds off... any feedback from guys that have changed them on 350 boats would be appreciated.

Maybe useless without pics but I’ll post em’ in the morning. Super excited to get a real “offshore” boat!

Cheers!

Last edited by Romeomikehotel; 11-30-2018 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If neither motor will turn over ,how do you know they are any good .I would be buying boat like it doesn't have motors if seller is to lame to put starters on it for a demo ride .JMO
Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Subscribed - I want to see how this plays out.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I am a little gun shy for you, but hope it works out
Old 11-30-2018, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Congratulations and good luck, Sounds like you have already made up you mind to purchase it regardless. Remember don’t just buy the boat because you have your heart set on it, if there are any red flags you can always walk away. There are lots of nice boats out there don’t get married to this one and get in over your head. Again congratulations!! I know the feeling it’s like being a kid on Christmas Eve.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
If neither motor will turn over ,how do you know they are any good .I would be buying boat like it doesn't have motors if seller is to lame to put starters on it for a demo ride .JMO
I was thinking the same thing. The ONLY thing wrong is both starters are bad, otherwise it’s perfect...? Huge red flag. Honestly what are the odds that BOTH starters are bad...? Hell that’s the purpose of having 2 engines!
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44

I was thinking the same thing. The ONLY thing wrong is both starters are bad, otherwise it’s perfect...? Huge red flag. Honestly what are the odds that BOTH starters are bad...? Hell that’s the purpose of having 2 engines!
Agreed
Old 11-30-2018, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

not to be a Debbie downer, but I agree with the others. What are the merits of looking at the boat if the motors don’t run?

btw changing starters on a 272 will suck badly...assuming that’s the issue.

Good luck
Old 11-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Where are you and the boat, city state?
Old 11-30-2018, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Huge red flag. To me the seller doesn't want the engines started as either they run like crap or don't run at all. Reeks of improper winterization, locked up mills, submerged engine compartment, etc.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 11-30-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.