Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2019 Joey Gratton New Years Day Fun Run >

2019 Joey Gratton New Years Day Fun Run

Like Tree15Likes

2019 Joey Gratton New Years Day Fun Run

Reply

Old 12-01-2018, 07:53 AM
  #1
Charter Member#203
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Pete B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
My Boat: 98 Scarab 302 Sport
Posts: 13,949
Default 2019 Joey Gratton New Years Day Fun Run

Free and open to all, 2019 Joey Gratton New Years Day Fun Run, is the best way to start your New Year.


Pete B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:55 AM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
My Boat: Dockside with gas money.
Posts: 4,565
Default

Hope to be there this year as we are in town again finally for the event.
Nate5.0 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:38 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dalton GA
My Boat: 1997 Donzi 27Zx
Posts: 14
Default

Is there a webpage with details of this event? I googled but only found older info on past years events.

Thanks
sunchaser1997 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:44 PM
  #4
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boat: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Concept CC t/275VRods
Posts: 12,263
Default

Originally Posted by sunchaser1997 View Post
Is there a webpage with details of this event? I googled but only found older info on past years events.

Thanks
Generally the only info is meet at the 10th street ramp area at 1030am or so. I think the boats leave about 1130-12.

Lots of us will be boating the whole area from Sat-Tuesday.
Nate5.0 likes this.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:49 PM
  #5
Charter Member#203
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Pete B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
My Boat: 98 Scarab 302 Sport
Posts: 13,949
Default

The run official starts at high Noon, by the 10th street ramp. It is highly advised to get there early, as good weather the ramp gets real busy and parking to the max. Also there is sewer line const, going on, on Tamiami.
Pete B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:06 PM
  #6
Registered
 
plumbers crack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: bluffton sc
My Boat: 38 topgun
Posts: 1,518
Default

Is that ramp open ? It was tore up down there over the summer . Looked like they were dredging it ?
plumbers crack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:16 PM
  #7
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 727
Default

Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
Generally the only info is meet at the 10th street ramp area at 1030am or so. I think the boats leave about 1130-12.

Lots of us will be boating the whole area from Sat-Tuesday.
where are you guys boating? We have a crew of about 7-8 boats that will probably be boating that timeframe as well. We’re all in the tampa Bay Area but maybe we can all get together somewhere on the water? (we’re all attending the New Year’s Day fun run but I’m talking about the days prior to)
272bajadriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:24 PM
  #8
Charter Member#203
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Pete B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
My Boat: 98 Scarab 302 Sport
Posts: 13,949
Default

Originally Posted by plumbers crack View Post
Is that ramp open ? It was tore up down there over the summer . Looked like they were dredging it ?
Yes , it is open the docks are brand new and yes they did some dredging.
Pete B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:29 PM
  #9
Charter Member#203
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Pete B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
My Boat: 98 Scarab 302 Sport
Posts: 13,949
Default

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver View Post


where are you guys boating? We have a crew of about 7-8 boats that will probably be boating that timeframe as well. We’re all in the tampa Bay Area but maybe we can all get together somewhere on the water? (we’re all attending the New Year’s Day fun run but I’m talking about the days prior to)
There is no set schedule on the days prior, however will try and post the days happenings, with regard to the weather, and where a group may go. there is talk of a run up to Hula Bay one day. As well as a run around longboat . and Anna Maria Island on the outside, one day!
Pete B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:39 PM
  #10
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 727
Default

Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
There is no set schedule on the days prior, however will try and post the days happenings, with regard to the weather, and where a group may go. there is talk of a run up to Hula Bay one day. As well as a run around longboat . and Anna Maria Island on the outside, one day!

definitely let us know, hula bay is in our backyard! Great restaurant. We have about 7-8 boats and we all usually boat together. Keep us updated we would be happy to join on all of the festivities on the different days
Pete B likes this.
272bajadriver is offline  
Reply With Quote

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser