Cleveland Construction Out Of Offshore Racing >

Cleveland Construction Out Of Offshore Racing

Like Tree8Likes

Cleveland Construction Out Of Offshore Racing

Old 12-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Default Cleveland Construction Out Of Offshore Racing

Change is a constant in the offshore powerboat racing world, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...ffshore-racing.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Happy to be anywhere
Platinum Member

My Boat: Old/Heavy/Slow

Damn. My favorite class. Hope someone else steps in to compete to keep the already too low numbers up.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Registered

Default Disappointing

Damn- another team not racing any longer in this class. That makes them and Jimmy Johns having their boats up for sale since the season has ended as well as the Broadco boat that's been for sale for awhile. Really hope someone steps up and purchases these boats and will run the full schedule of events with them as this class is entertaining to watch. Would like to see one compete in OPA against AMH- the old Stihl boat and make this a competitive class. Unfortunately racing is expensive and with little financial rewards it tends to be up to the older guys that own businesses that enjoy this "hobby" to continue to field boats until they retire from their business.
AB From Windsor likes this.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan View Post
Damn- another team not racing any longer in this class. That makes them and Jimmy Johns having their boats up for sale since the season has ended as well as the Broadco boat that's been for sale for awhile. Really hope someone steps up and purchases these boats and will run the full schedule of events with them as this class is entertaining to watch. Would like to see one compete in OPA against AMH- the old Stihl boat and make this a competitive class. Unfortunately racing is expensive and with little financial rewards it tends to be up to the older guys that own businesses that enjoy this "hobby" to continue to field boats until they retire from their business.
The JJ/Performance Boat Center team is selling their Skater because they are switching to an MTI next season (they are an MTI dealer). They aren't exiting the class.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered

My Boat: Sonic USA 35 SE

This quote seems like it should be generating a lot more winter time conversation than it has so far.... Small was among the early leading proponents of Race World Offshore, which was formed by Key West businessman Larry Bleil, late last year year. More recently, after being informed that the tow/support boats the Cleveland Construction team has supplied at no charge to SBI for the past 10 years would not be craned into the water at the 2018 SBI National Championships in Clearwater, Fla., in October, Small withdrew his team from the contest. Shortly thereafter, he was banned by SBI from competing in the Key West the following month.
kilo likes this.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boat: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC

Imagine if Carbonell hangs up SBI....

SOTW has had recent articles about OPA and P1 working together, OPA and RWO have looked like they want to play together...

So with SBI out of the picture and if, OPA, P1 and RWO join forces and work together, All 3 at each race sight, OPA handles P classes and SVL, RWO runs SS, supercat and unlimited, while P! does their thing. Big turnout for the race sight, and non stop action all weekend,

More competition for the racers, more show for the spectators, more exposure for the sponsors............
Old 12-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Registered

My Boat: SKATER 388
Default Race teams

looks like Sbi saying they will be having key west races per there site & FB along with releasing a 2019 schedule
really only Dunkirk ,mentor,Clearwater & key west if all pan out for sbi that could be a big race season for all teams

Last edited by ARCTIC1; 12-05-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

Originally Posted by ARCTIC1 View Post
looks like Sbi saying they will be having key west races per there site & FB along with releasing a 2019 schedule
really only Dunkirk ,mentor,Clearwater & key west if all pan out for sbi that could be a big race season for all teams
Mentor was a RWO stop in 2018 and will not have a race in 2019, That was announced a while ago. Dunkirk was a RWO in 2018. If Key West ends up going to RWO, that leaves virtually nothing for SBI. Add to that the 750/Super Cat class has committed to running the 6 race series with OPA/P1, its not looking good for SBI right now.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

My Boat: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum

I had a lot of fun when i was racing with Evil Ed and Mark/CC was always a great team sponsor. Best of luck and thanks for giving us some great racing to watch!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Registered

My Boat: Smith Brothers/CRC 611. 2013/2016 OPA Class 6 World Champions, 2009/2015/2018 OPA Class 6 National Champions. 2015/2018 APBA National Champions, 26' Joker Powerboat.

[QUOTE=StClairRaceFan;4662353]Damn- another team not racing any longer in this class. That makes them and Jimmy Johns having their boats up for sale since the season has ended as well as the Broadco boat that's been for sale for awhile. Really hope someone steps up and purchases these boats and will run the full schedule of events with them as this class is entertaining to watch. Would like to see one compete in OPA against AMH- the old Stihl boat and make this a competitive class. Unfortunately racing is expensive and with little financial rewards it tends to be up to the older guys that own businesses that enjoy this "hobby" to continue to field boats until they retire from their business.[/QUOT

Last edited by sbracing; 12-06-2018 at 10:18 AM.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser