Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 47 off that guy......
The following users liked this post:
315duramax (05-16-2020)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...zr-o73993.html They did disclose the damage.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
How did that happen? Where did that happen? Teach me
They stuffed it over seas racing it. Think it was a bad build. I have some more pictures it was the owner and a woman driver he got hurt pretty bad.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
They stuffed it over seas racing it. Think it was a bad build. I have some more pictures it was the owner and a woman driver he got hurt pretty bad.
That isn't good at all. Reminded me of "Buckshot" the Sutphen raceboat, with bow broken. The Sutphen was a good build just a causalty to hard racing.

I actually feel bad for the guy trying to sell the Donzi, he advises the buyer of the damage, the video of the wave jump is crazy, I am not skilled enough nor experienced enough to cure that catastrophic hull failure, but if you drop a 11,000+lb boat 30' to 40' sh*t breaks.

Refresh my recollection, with the Donzi wave jump, how badly were the passengers hurt? The driver? I am not interested in a legal perspective just a fellow boater perspective.

When the boat landed, what happened next? Were they able to maneuver it to the dock ? To shore? Or did Coast Guard come to the rescue? Sea Tow?

I think this is one interesting event (I am bored), so let's hear the story, maybe it helps sell this boat, or suggest the boat go to the shredder after being parted-out completely.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That isn't good at all. Reminded me of "Buckshot" the Sutphen raceboat, with bow broken. The Sutphen was a good build just a causalty to hard racing.

I actually feel bad for the guy trying to sell the Donzi, he advises the buyer of the damage, the video of the wave jump is crazy, I am not skilled enough nor experienced enough to cure that catastrophic hull failure, but if you drop a 11,000+lb boat 30' to 40' sh*t breaks.

Refresh my recollection, with the Donzi wave jump, how badly were the passengers hurt? The driver? I am not interested in a legal perspective just a fellow boater perspective.

When the boat landed, what happened next? Were they able to maneuver it to the dock ? To shore? Or did Coast Guard come to the rescue? Sea Tow?

I think this is one interesting event (I am bored), so let's hear the story, maybe it helps sell this boat, or suggest the boat go to the shredder after being parted-out completely.
They had to get hurt in it for sure. I would like to see the boat up close and see what the gelcoat tells for egg shell cracks. It might not be that bad of shape.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
I bought my 47 off that guy......
You mean the 41?
Old 01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

In the video you can see a passenger airborn almost flying out. I assume he landed on fiberglass when the boat landed = not good
Old 01-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Smarty, injuries reported were relatively minor. I believe a broken ankle. They were able to get the boat to a harbor under its own power. (in the Donzi 43 that is.)
Old 01-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cmoore7
Anyone know the story behind this (damage, injuries, etc.)? I saw that the boat is up for sale with no power. Definitely one of the biggest jumps I've seen from a boat of that size.
Ocean version of Evil Kneival Grand Canyon jump and about the same as saying that bike needed minor repair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.