Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
43ZR up for sale that jumped 40' wave >

43ZR up for sale that jumped 40' wave

Notices

43ZR up for sale that jumped 40' wave

Old 01-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

On serious note, that was an absolutely gorgeous boat. If damage wasn’t “that” bad....what’s a de-rigged 43ZR worth without this history worth, $50k?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

The guy selling is a moron. Claims it’s repairsd better than new. But there’s legit raw bondo on the photos. He might send you 3 photos if you ask. Which I did. Tells you to fly and view In person. Claims anything less than 50 grand is an insult to his investment. He’s an art dealer none the less. So maybe he thinks he bought an investment ??? I’d love to buy it. I tried. It’s TOTALLY fix able. Just need someone who knows what they are doing
Old 01-04-2019, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Smarty, injuries reported were relatively minor. I believe a broken ankle. They were able to get the boat to a harbor under its own power. (in the Donzi 43 that is.)
Thank you for the update/information. Keith Atlanta, in the previous post hit it on the head with the observation of someone flying out of the boat as it fell, I saw the same image. That is definitely not good. A broken ankle sucks, fortunate it was no one was nearly killed.

I like the looks of that Donzi (pre-wave jump). If there were a glass guy on OSO who has examined this boat first hand and would be forthcoming as to repairability, the cost to repair, the reputational issue even if repaired that a new owner owns a boat that fell off of a wave a broke and was repaired and the issues surrounding that alone. Let's say it is fixable, to make it structurally safe, how much would that cost? To make it cosmetically whole, how much for paint, glass, ect. And piece of mind, if I were the new owner of this Donzi running 85+ mph, if I flew off a wave and I buried the bow into the wave/water, not out of the ordinary, just an average wave, knowing my bow won't implode; the confidence that the boat is strong or stronger than before it left the factory. How much for that piece of mind?

I like this boat, however I don't possess the skill to fix it, nor would I want to spend $25K or more to fix a boat that is known for such a feat. But everyone has a trigger point when the price is right, I think it will sell, and it will be fully repaired, and it will be out on the water one day. Maybe I am an optimist. A guy with glass experience, this could be a dream boat at a negotiated fair purchase price.

I just find this story intriguing.
The following users liked this post:
sinking (05-15-2020)
Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
In the video you can see a passenger airborn almost flying out. I assume he landed on fiberglass when the boat landed = not good
Keith, I hit the like button for your post in regards to providing an update on the topic, I did not want you to think I was a callous bastard that hit the like button because someone broke an ankle.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Someone from overseas should try to pick it up for the right price, send it overseas so it can vanish off the map. Then they can rebuild it to enjoy or sell and the history is sort of lost. As long as it stays in the U.S. there's zero possibility of escaping the skeletons.

RR

Old 01-04-2019, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If I had F. U. money, I’d buy it, toss some power in it, and run it “as-is”, and wait for it to fall apart. As a sort of experiment. For SCIENCE. But I’m not that bright. Ergo, no F.U. money, either.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
If I had F. U. money, I’d buy it, toss some power in it, and run it “as-is”, and wait for it to fall apart. As a sort of experiment. For SCIENCE. But I’m not that bright. Ergo, no F.U. money, either.
if I did that it would be so pared with go pros it might not float lol.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 315duramax
The guy selling is a moron. Claims it’s repairsd better than new. But there’s legit raw bondo on the photos. He might send you 3 photos if you ask. Which I did. Tells you to fly and view In person. Claims anything less than 50 grand is an insult to his investment. He’s an art dealer none the less. So maybe he thinks he bought an investment ??? I’d love to buy it. I tried. It’s TOTALLY fix able. Just need someone who knows what they are doing
The ad is unclear, does that $50,900 asking price include motors, drives, props, ? If included, what is the power, drives, props (Herrings, Maximus, Bravos) If the power and drives are not included, as it sits $10K is what I was thinking, seriously, so for the seller to be insulted by anything less than $50,900 is ridiculous. As Rak Rua said too many skeletons.

Sorry to hear about to hear about the unpleasant experience in attempting to inquire about the boat.

Last edited by Smarty; 01-05-2019 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
On serious note, that was an absolutely gorgeous boat. If damage wasn’t “that” bad....what’s a de-rigged 43ZR worth without this history worth, $50k?
If it is de-rigged, my guess is $10K, the trailer is worth more than the damaged boat.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

So some dumb sh!t at our marina bought this gem.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuckonstupid:
315duramax (05-16-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (05-16-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.