Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
how many of you turned-over with your boat? >

how many of you turned-over with your boat?

Notices

how many of you turned-over with your boat?

Old 10-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can I get safety equipment?!?
oxygen tubes and etc..
I have nothing related to that.....
any links or number...
Old 10-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a start:

http://www.cheapscubagear.com/spare_air.asp
Old 10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here is the real stuff.
http://www.tigerperformance.com/

We just used a normal full size scuba tank secured to the floor next to the back seat. All three regulators fed off the one tank. We could stay under for 20 minutes with all three of us on the one tank. The key is having the regulator within an inch of your mouth so that when you need it, it's easy to find.

It was also helpful that we did the dunker at the pool just 24 hrs before going over.
Attached Thumbnails how many of you turned-over with your boat?-mr-t-ft-pierce.jpg  
Old 10-29-2002, 10:13 PM
Allan4

Cool thread!! I rolled a few sailboats....does that count??

Old 10-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Timucin,

Ron P gave you excellent advice on the safety aspects of testing. I don't know that any of us actually planned on crashing. When you're racing or testing you're always one gust, one wave, one turn away from crashing. When you're in a canopied boat such as you're Skater, it's important to have external safety people at the wait. Due to folks like T2x, George Linder, Ron Jones Sr. and their colleagues, we've singifiantly reduced the number of fatalities. A primary danger now is drowning in a canopy that cannot open or was a poor design that shattered. T2x can give you solid information on your cockpit design, reinforcement structures etc.

Cuda, what Skiff folks were you with? Didn't Robby of the Pancake House have a Skiff then? Heck of a nice guy. Rememebr that referee we had back then. He was a local judge, I forget his name.... always gave us the "alcohol lecture" on Sunday morning. As I recall that was probably about 10 hours too late for some

The Saturday crash was in a 145 Hydro that was blue. It was an Ed Karelsen design owned by Bob Field of Palm Beach. We blew over in turn 2 on the far side. Another 145 driven by Bobby Thrash blew over next to me.

The Sunday blowover was a Sooy hull that had blue decks and varnished sides and bottom. It was owned by Dick Kelly of Dover Delaware. That one blew over on the beginning of the second lap going in to turn 1. I think the fellow you're referring to as pissed was probably Dick kelly The largest part of his boat brought back would fit in a brief case..... ooooooppps. He recovered, built a new boat and I had a blast driving for him the following year, safely.............. That boat was powered by a 4 cylinder Ford on alcohol. I think it was an Esslinger or some name like that. Real screamer, 9400 RPM.

T2x, Real nice about Doug, Jerry and me. Schmuck, loving schmuck mind you, but still.............................
Old 10-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Allan 4,

When a sailbote rolls over, does it cease to remain a course marker
Old 10-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Allan4

Nah, still a marker, you just can't see it from as far as you could before...... I knocked myself out barefooting a few years back, does that put me in the club.....HeHeHe....

Old 10-29-2002, 10:47 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Allan 4, we'd have to check with Ron P, T2x, Ryan and a couple others, but you have my vote! Not just because you knocked yourself out barefooting, but you admitted you were once on a sailbote. Now that takes, well you know.................................
Old 10-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Allan4

WUHAHAHAHAAA...that was pretty good...... What can I say, I grew up boating on little lakes....you knw, pontoons, skiboats, sailboats, jet skis.....etc.....Still love it.

I know sailboats get a pretty bad rap, but in heavy wind they can be a hell of a good time

Okay, I'll stop embarrassing myself now......did I ever tell you about the time I knocked myself out barefooting, being chased by armed Yugoslavians on speed...HeHeHe.....

Old 10-29-2002, 11:07 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Steve, will you be racing in New Orleans?

Will you be staying dry?

I wish Reggie was on this thread, he's in the club too. I think it was about 2 years ago that him and his son went over. Reggie actually said it was his fault!!!!!!

Quick Reply: how many of you turned-over with your boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.