Repowered Turbine Mystic Cat Ready For First Sea Trial

Notices

Repowered Turbine Mystic Cat Ready For First Sea Trial

Old 10-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Repowered Turbine Mystic Cat Ready For First Sea Trial

It's been a long time between turbine cats at Mystic Powerboats, https://speedonthewater.com/boat-res...irst-sea-trial
Old 10-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Glad to see Chris take this project on, also crazy how fast they have been able to turn it around. Hope to see it in K.W
Old 10-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Glad to see Chris take this project on, also crazy how fast they have been able to turn it around. Hope to see it in K.W
Thanks NATE5.0, after the purchase from TNT (Steven And Johnny, which as always, went as smooth as silk. I can’t say enough great things about these guys, just true professionals) the boat was immediately hauled back to Mystic. John Cosker and his team performed an intensive survey of the boat and created a pin point accurate punch list. We knew the engines were in need of attention (to say the least) and were probably the longest lead time item. So after a few discussions we decided to go with the great Jim Grisham owner of Principle Propulsion Systems. After Jim’s tear down it was decided to replace the cores and build new engines (using some of the hot rod parts we already had) in order to make the Key West poker run and as you can see, Jim killed it! All the while Ryan and the boys were back at the factory recommissioning every system, testing all of the other mechanical systems like the drives, trims, air conditioning system, even installing ATL fuel bladders (8years old, it was time).

About half way through John invited me to come down (so of course I did) and we went over some updates like new GPS, a much needed stereo system, LED lighting and most importantly cup holders! Than we decided to reconfigure and update the interior to better suit my needs and height. John, Ryan and the complete Mystic team is knocking this build out of the park!

I cant wait to see the finished product!

Last edited by Griff; 11-04-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

it sounds amazing and job well done by all involved, very impressive to say the least! have fun with her on the way to K.W and will def keep an eye out at the docks down there.

Ever Since Nick and Todd took me in the Passion 50 I have been hooked on turbine boats, nothing like it.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

it sounds amazing and job well done by all involved, very impressive to say the least! have fun with her on the way to K.W and will def keep an eye out at the docks down there.

Ever Since Nick and Todd took me in the Passion 50 I have been hooked on turbine boats, nothing like it.
Nate,
So true, the acceleration is unreal in a turbine powered cat! Have fun in KW!

Chris,
Good luck in KW.
Dean
Old 10-25-2018, 07:15 PM
Registered

Well, the first sea trial is in the books!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

and.....?

Do you prefer pistons or Jet A?
Old 11-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Superheat;4655616]
Glad to see Chris take this project on, also crazy how fast they have been able to turn it around. Hope to see it in K.W[/QUOTE

Thanks NATE5.0, after the purchase from TNT (Steven And Johnny, which as always, went as smooth as silk. I can’t say enough great things about these guys, just true professionals) the boat was immediately hauled back to Mystic. John Cosker and his team performed an intensive survey of the boat and created a pin point accurate punch list. We knew the engines were in need of attention (to say the least) and were probably the longest lead time item. So after a few discussions we decided to go with the great Jim Grisham owner of Principle Propulsion Systems. After Jim’s tear down it was decided to replace the cores and build new engines (using some of the hot rod parts we already had) in order to make the Key West poker run and as you can see, Jim killed it! All the while Ryan and the boys were back at the factory recommissioning every system, testing all of the other mechanical systems like the drives, trims, air conditioning system, even installing ATL fuel bladders (8years old, it was time).

About half way through John invited me to come down (so of course I did) and we went over some updates like new GPS, a much needed stereo system, LED lighting and most importantly cup holders! Than we decided to reconfigure and update the interior to better suit my needs and height. John, Ryan and the complete Mystic team is knocking this build out of the park!

I cant wait to see the finished product!
You guys mean Jim Grasham of PPS not Jim Grisham right.

Last edited by 69Flatbottom; 11-03-2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

YUP shes bad and available FOR SALE !