Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They are going to hurt someones feelings with a little Marine 2.3. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/359074-they-going-hurt-someones-feelings-little-marine-2-3-a.html)

BUP 02-15-2019 01:52 AM

They are going to hurt someones feelings with a little Marine 2.3.

Just have to laugh since they out sell the big guys and now out hp them with a little 2.3 L.

Lost in the current times why Merc can not have anything on the black side with the very least 1 hp per cubes.

Gary C 02-15-2019 05:31 AM

Now that would be bad ass in a Donzi sweet 16 or similar hull!

resurrected 02-15-2019 06:18 AM

A buddy of mine is building a twin turbo 2.4 Audi V6 mated to arneson drive. Will be around 425hp and 470lbs tq, probably won't last as long as the Roush package though
Should see water this summer

phragle 02-15-2019 06:24 AM

That sweet !

Wildman_grafix 02-15-2019 09:23 AM

I keep saying that the reason everyone loves outboard reliability has nothing to do with them being a Outboard. Its because they are using new designs.

Chevy marine is working on a 650HP direct injection LT4 based motor. That coupled with a outdrive that wouldn't break would be a nice package.

Dean Ferry 02-15-2019 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4672791)
I keep saying that the reason everyone loves outboard reliability has nothing to do with them being a Outboard. Its because they are using new designs.

Chevy marine is working on a 650HP direct injection LT4 based motor. That coupled with a outdrive that would NOT break would be a nice package.

There I fixed it for u WG.....

Rik 02-15-2019 12:06 PM

I saw Tony Esposito there in the video at the end.

Sad that such relationships and developments are not well covered here. The Ford relationship with ROUSH seems to be a good deal for the boaters. Don't know how many ski boats are going to want a Jet pump, but they must have a market planned for that combination.

Wildman_grafix 02-15-2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 4672794)
There I fixed it for u WG.....

Thanks I seen that to late!

Wildman_grafix 02-15-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 4672818)
I saw Tony Esposito there in the video at the end.

Sad that such relationships and developments are not well covered here. The Ford relationship with ROUSH seems to be a good deal for the boaters. Don't know how many ski boats are going to want a Jet pump, but they must have a market planned for that combination.

I am sure you know there are also boat builders in the go fast world that would also love to work with suppliers other then Mercury for whole power package.

IGetWet 02-15-2019 01:24 PM

Love innovation and competition. Seems that most if not all the new wakeboard/ski boats I’ve looked at, which I’ll be honest isn’t a whole lot, are powered by indmar.

But as someone who’s owned multiple jet boats please put a trmmable nozzle on the jet.