First Quad-Outboard TrimSync Application In Action On Nor-Tech 390

Notices

First Quad-Outboard TrimSync Application In Action On Nor-Tech 390

Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default First Quad-Outboard TrimSync Application In Action On Nor-Tech 390

The TrimSync system can now handle up to five outboard engines, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...tion-in-action.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

So how much is this system?
Old 03-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Mike at MDC for pricing. I have the Trim Sync Race Edition on my 28 Skater and absolutely love it. No need anymore to concentrate on trimming the outboards, just touch the pre-programmed up or down momentary paddle trims on my steering wheel for my pre-programmed engine trim positions. Now I can concentrate on throttle and driving! By the way, Mike is an outstanding guy to work with.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the difference between this and Mercury Marines Active Trim?
I was going to add it to my current build (est $500) but was told I'd more than likely would not see any added benefit b/c it was more so geared towards the novice boater who doesn't know how to trim a multi engine boat.

Are there any claimed or proven performance benefits like increased fuel mileage etc?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Registered

It is not an "active trim". The system synchronizes the trim of each drive to exactly match the trim of the other when the "both" trim switch is actuated (typically the pumps are not exactly the same speed resulting in unequal trim heights). The both trim up and down are wired to the steering wheel paddle switches on my boat as well as on the dash. The "Race" version has two additional programmable trim position settings that can be set as one desires. I have mine set on my cat for starts and turns (down a few degrees from neutral) and at neutral trim for running. If I want a little trim down for high speed runs, I just bump the "both down" trim steering wheel paddle switch and the Trim Sync ensures both drives are equally trimmed down. When wanting back to neutral preset or the down preset, just touch the other side paddles for those positions.

The Trim Sync is a convenience add, just to make the boating experience easier. I have heard that some of the race teams are using it to allow more concentration on the throttles and the event and are pleased with that result.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
What is the difference between this and Mercury Marines Active Trim?
I was going to add it to my current build (est $500) but was told I'd more than likely would not see any added benefit b/c it was more so geared towards the novice boater who doesn't know how to trim a multi engine boat.

Are there any claimed or proven performance benefits like increased fuel mileage etc?
Mercury's Active Trim moves the drives and tabs up while getting on plane and deactivates at 50MPH. The base version of TrimSync keeps the engines / drives perfectly even whenever you press the both/all button. You have full control to override it by just pressing an individual trim button. Race Edition allows you to pre-program up to four presets that you can recall with the push of a button. It was originally developed for Team Gone Again to use in shootouts, but there are many offshore race teams running it as well.

The owner of the 39 Nortech in the SOTW article claims that he gained 3MPH over trying to manually level all four engines. Several shootout teams also claim additional speed and more consistent runs.

GF?
Old 03-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Registered

Freedom, I am pretty sure that the Trim Sync Race Edition only has two presets and requires two momentary switches, one for each position.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Taboma
Freedom, I am pretty sure that the Trim Sync Race Edition only has two presets and requires two momentary switches, one for each position.
You are correct, the original version of Race Edition did have two presets. By request from a couple race teams, MDC recently developed a four preset version of Race Edition.

GF?
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (10-27-2021)
Old 03-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Freedom?
Mercury's Active Trim moves the drives and tabs up while getting on plane and deactivates at 50MPH. The base version of TrimSync keeps the engines / drives perfectly even whenever you press the both/all button. You have full control to override it by just pressing an individual trim button. Race Edition allows you to pre-program up to four presets that you can recall with the push of a button. It was originally developed for Team Gone Again to use in shootouts, but there are many offshore race teams running it as well.

The owner of the 39 Nortech in the SOTW article claims that he gained 3MPH over trying to manually level all four engines. Several shootout teams also claim additional speed and more consistent runs.

GF?

GF?

Thanks for taking the time to elaborate.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

GF? = Got Freedom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.