Expectations of -2 Sportmasters on a Baja

Notices

Expectations of -2 Sportmasters on a Baja

Old 03-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaIceBreaker
Tim, For curiosity I measured the lifting strakes to understand what you said earlier about lifting strakes being to short.... mine stop 12 1/2' from the transom. According to "Mild Thunder" ( Straight bottom Cig lifting strakes ) the 38 scarab is 10' and the straight bottom Top Guns are 14'. Sounds to me like it is pretty similar to a cig bottom profile. I mean... what other differences could there be?
100% different COG and layout.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BajaIceBreaker
I appreciate that you call yourself the "braintrust"... which, I'm not denying. Lol. I always appreciate advise, or warnings... whichever this is... ;-) I agree, money in the motor is the way to go.. but I was hoping to do motors next year... this year I guess I'm looking for some bolt on speed. Maybe I should buy a huge fan from an air boat and bolt that on. Hahaha....
simple answer, BOOST... then XR’s because you will pop bravos weekly with boost.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force

simple answer, BOOST... then XR’s because you will pop bravos weekly with boost.
Well, if boost is my end game, then Sportmasters might be a good move because they are basically xr's. I believe they have the same prop shaft and gears. Does anyone know this? So, I could go with the Sportmasters this year in preparation for more power in the coming years. So... I've been told that I am about 2 - 4 mph slower than you, and I've got 470 hp. But idk... that's what people tell me.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

the IMCO bottoms have XR lower gears and I think the sport master is the same all have 1.25 shafts......you'll spend the same $$ for comparable Sport master and IMCO lowers
Old 03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Personally I'd consider buying another boat if your endgame is another 10-20+mph. Add it up - shorties, boost, xr's, then props, and what's the headache worth, etc. You may be better off just buying a good used boat that already runs the speed you want.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Personally I'd consider buying another boat if your endgame is another 10-20+mph. Add it up - shorties, boost, xr's, then props, and what's the headache worth, etc. You may be better off just buying a good used boat that already runs the speed you want.
Yeah, i'm not looking for 10 - 20. If i do anything with the motors next year, it'll just be freshen up and mild upgrades. I just bought this boat, and it was as fast as i was looking to go. But then again... is any boat fast enough?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Registered

I just need enough speed to pass Tim. But by then.. Tim will upgrade and be faster... it'll be cat and mouse for 10 years if i tried to play that game.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn’t know there was a game of who’s faster? I am secure where I’m at and what I got ...
Old 03-04-2019, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Didn’t know there was a game of who’s faster? I am secure where I’m at and what I got ...
Really?????? That kinda sounds like some kind of excuse. Just saying.....
Old 03-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Thought you were working on a house tonight, not posting on here?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.