More Alum Creek shootout pics here-

Notices

More Alum Creek shootout pics here-

Old 10-31-2002, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Brian,
Is that Eliminator from there in Ohio with twin N/A 540s? If so, I met them at the SML Poker Run 2002. What a BEAUTIFUL boat!!
If you are talking about the white/blue/yellow one it is a member's boat. RTBNT's. He is from/hangs around the Muskingum River area. Really nice guy and a really nice boat.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

lots of nice shots brian.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:49 PM
Registered

you r lucky

nice picx.wish Iwas there
Old 11-01-2002, 06:47 AM
Registered

HEY EVERYONE!

I talked to a guy last night who was there. Said he helped an Eliminator out of the water who tore his hull up bad? By the time he helped him back to the dock-water was up to the blower!

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Registered

Yeah,
I was in my boat, on the trailer, waiting to for my turn to put in. I looked over to the right to see a smaller, 18-20 foot Eliminator cat heading straight for the shallow bay area to the south of the ramp. He came off plane about 20 yards from shore! You could tell something was wrong by the way the three guys aboard were acting. The boat went from about 20 mph to 0 mph all of the sudden when the outdrive ran aground and lifted the stern.
The passengers all slid forward a bit and immedeately went to the transom area looking under the supercharged motor for something.

Last edited by Flyinbrian; 11-01-2002 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Registered

The DNR showed up and told the driver of the Eliminator that he did exactly what he was supposed to do. Apparently, they don't enjoy recovering boats off the bottom. The DNR shut down the ramp and let these guys get their trailer in. Some a-hole with a sailboat in tow was going ape-chit over the ramp being shut down for some boat that had a hole in it!?!??! They calmly told him to wait or go to another ramp. He said that he could fit his sailboat beside their trailer, they didn't like that idea. So the sailboater moron hopped in his truck and sped out of the lot.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Registered

Here's where it got scary. The guys with the Eliminator now beached about 75 yards from the ramp, had their trailer waiting in the water, now had to un-stick the lower unit from the mud and get the boat out of the lake before it sank. After wrestling with the boat for 20 minutes or so, they finally got it out of the mud and ready to go. This had to happen fast, the boat had a hole in it. They fired it up and started towards the ramp.....then the motor stalled and wouldn't fire back up! The transom started to get smaller asthe bottom was letting in water. Luckily, someone in another boat threw them a rope and towed them, (really fast), to the trailer. They got the boat out, but almost lost it off the trailer! It had water coming over the transom when they pulled it out!

My dad took a look at it and said he could fit his fist through the hole!

One person said it looked like the boat had flimsy stringers, another said it looked like prior damage and a bad repair job.

Who knows? It was a bad day on the water for those guys, regardless.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

bRIAN, WAS THE GUY FROM AROUND HERE? bOARD MEMBER?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Flyinbrian
Luckily, someone in another boat threw them a rope and towed them, (really fast), to the trailer. They got the boat out, but almost lost it off the trailer! It had water coming over the transom when they pulled it out!
BRIAN, THE GUY WHO THREW THEM A ROPE IS THE GUY WHO OWNS A SMALL MARINE REPAIR SHOP OFF ST. RT. 36/37. HIS NAME IS TONY. HE HANDLES ALL MY WINTERIZATIONS. I CALLED HIM LAST NIGHT AND ASKED IF HE MADE IT UP THERE...HE SAID HELL YEA, I EVEN HELPED SOMEONE FROM SINKING! AND HE TOLD ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID WITH THE WHOLE SCENARIO.

TONY SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW THE HELL HE PUT A HOLE IN IT THOUGH. YEA, BAD DAY FOR THOSE BOYS REGARDLESS WHERE THEY ARE FROM.

HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHNG FROM THE RESUMES YOU HAVE SENT OUT?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:55 AM
Registered

the owner of the boat said he rode on onother eliminator erlier and his boat had alot more flex he said" I think its got a loose stringer."

The hole was big. it ripped about 6" of the center sponson.if he wouldn't have beached it it would have sank way before they got it on the trailer.

Quick Reply: More Alum Creek shootout pics here-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.