Notices

Is america going to pot

Old 11-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Clay Washington
I have never smoked pot, and I will never smoke pot.

However, I believe that it is no worse than alcohol, and should be legalized. I would rather have American farmers grow it and make money than have drug lords make the money.

Plus, put a big federal tax on it (just like cigarattes and alcohol) and wipe out the federal deficit!

Right on to the first part.

2nd part, if the legalize pot, then they will see an increase in cocaine abuse. Everyone I know who tries pot, thinks, wow, if this is just a baby high, I wonder what a big kid high is like, then they go on to bigger and stronger drugs....

I know a few people who took the path, one was in rehab for only 3 months and his plans when he get off probation in 2 years and some odd days are to go get high. the other person is now 20, and he was in rehab for 2 years.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My view point is a little different as one who has never done any drugs, and drank very little.

In the shops I have been in where some of the crew is I guess the classical term would be Pot Heads they seem to be stuck in Second Gear unable to work at their potential, the beer drinkers (not drunks) on the other hand still can.

I am not condemning anything just an Observation!
Old 11-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

You know pot should be ligalized, think about it. Over in the Netherlands they have made all drugs legal and they don't have people running around killing people over them. If you make pot legal than you would cut back on the tax money that is being used to house the pot heads in jail, the government could put a tax on it and then they would be making even more money. A teenager has a bigger chance of going to get high when it is illegal because he knows he is not suspose to but if it was legal than he would look at is as big deal.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

speedruch, true, in the netherlands (i think) pot is legal and only 2% of hs seniors admitted doing pot with in the last 30 days. in america the number was 30% that admitted it. just imagine all the others that didnt admit it, probably 85% would be a more educated guess.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by tunastinky
HEY ALL YOU POT HEADS,
I THINK THE WHITE IS RIGHT!
Dont know what was meant by that but im sure it wasnt nice. after being the alum creek ass, i think i am going to block you.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Registered

LOL, now i get it, sorry about that.