1999 Mariner 45/90 Jet increased performance >

1999 Mariner 45/90 Jet increased performance

Notices

1999 Mariner 45/90 Jet increased performance

Old 03-29-2019, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Mariner 45/90 Jet increased performance

Hello all! I currently have what I believe to be a 1999 Mariner 45/90 3cyl. jet (received from my grandpa on an 18ft jon boat) . The boat hull is in pretty rough shape so I was kicking the idea around of putting it onto another hull (more of a cruiser than fishing). I have seen some videos of 2 strokes being modified to produce more power and higher top speeds. Due to the age and what I want to do, I was planning to overhaul/modify the motor. Any good threads on something similar? Also any pointers or guidance would be appreciated! I'm currently working on getting the serial numbers off the engine (it is located about 2 hours away from me currently). It will run about 28 mph wide open with the jet, any ideas on how much speed will be gained with a prop swap? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Silverado915; 03-29-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Additionally, what hulls would be good? Talons are the styling I'm looking for
Old 03-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 562 Likes on 288 Posts

Welcome to the board
Not sure how much info you will get out of us here as its heavily leaning to inboard/outboard engines/drives....there are more then a few outboard guys here but i think you may have better luck over on the screamandfly site then here....not discouraging you just saying it in case you don't get much out of anyone

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!