Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Formula Discontinuing FAS3Tech Sportboat Line >

Formula Discontinuing FAS3Tech Sportboat Line

Notices

Formula Discontinuing FAS3Tech Sportboat Line

Old 10-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

This new line of Formulas will have the same fate that the old line did. They are simply too expensive and depreciate too quickly. How can anyone buy a 38’ boat for 1 mil. and say it’s worth it. The 382’s quit selling because you can buy one 2 yrs old at a $200k discount. That’s easy math for most guys. Me personally, I’m waiting for the 400SS from 2015 to be under $30k and I’ll buy one then. Won’t be long.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

We just sold our 353 Fastech...sad to see it go but we were ready. The Fastech line was and is like no other Vee hull go fast... IMO, the fit, finish, their elegance, their comforts, their ride...no other Vee hull go fast I've ever been on has ever given me the same feeling. We too have moved into a Cruiser (Formula 37PC...of course)...now the wife has what she wants. I will be purchasing a CC soon because I want OB's and simplicity and still want to go fast. The part that I feel is sad is the misconception of what Fastechs are. The Mercedes of Go fast boats.... they will always be the "duck" when thought after Cigs, OL's, Donzi's...but no other manufacturer has ever built a go fast boat matching the luxuries and pure beauty of a Fastech...again IMO....so let's not get our panties in a rumble. For those of my Formula brethren....hold those Fastechs close to your hearts....Do not think that they will ever be that hull #1 Topgun level, but they are in a class by themselves.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:10 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Formula would have sold a LOT more boats if they fired their graphic designer 25 years ago. The all white Fastechs were sweet, but the in-house graphics and color schemes were terrible.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Formula would have sold a LOT more boats if they fired their graphic designer 25 years ago. The all white Fastechs were sweet, but the in-house graphics and color schemes were terrible.
True statement there...hence why I had ours painted .....