Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
finally after 226 tries, VICTORY!!!!!!!!! >

finally after 226 tries, VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

Notices

finally after 226 tries, VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts
Thumbs up finally after 226 tries, VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

johnny benson wins after 226 tries at n.c.

most of you probably don't care, but my family has been a part of the bensons efforts since the 70's, and we are really proud.

j.b.'s a real class act, unlike tony "temper" stewart who feels it's necessary to tell the world his car was a piece of "chit" and got bleeped on national t.v.

humble and greatful unlike some of the drivers today, j.b. got his win the right way, by simply out driving mark martin, without resorting to the bump and run cheaters that claim victory too often.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Youre right Saber, JB is a class act, good to see him win.....Doug
Old 11-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright!!!! It's about time he caught a break.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, it's a great day for Michigan sports fans. Even the Lions won!

Great to see Johnny finally win one. He his such a nice guy and good driver that he truly deserves to have some good luck for a change.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Allan4

You knew his time was coming, to many close "2nd's". I was hoping he would pull one in for the reasons you mentioned above. Probably should have given K Busch a little tap a few weeks ago....HeHeHe......I'd love to see Martin win the championship, would top off a brillliant career. I don't know that he will get another opportunity, ya never know. I think Stewart has it rapped though. I'm not sure that Tony is not classy, I just think he is a heat of the moment guy who operates at high intensity and high emotion. I'm not defending some of his comments and actions, and I don't think Tony is either. But to say he is not classy, I think that a little untaimed is a more fair description. Outside of the occasional miscomment during direct race interviews, he speaks respectably and professionally.

Congrats Saber, I too have close ties to a Cup team. I know the excitement of a first win, really cool. Johnny seems to be the kind of guy you have described. Good for him. Later.

Old 11-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, JB wins and I miss it. Was the race on NBC today? I couldnt find it in the paper.. I know, I know the bifocals suck..

Congrats to JB, It was a long time in coming..

Dick
Old 11-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

race was on TNT

came from 26 th to first, held off martin for the last 20 or so laps.

i have so much respect for him, he could have bumped #97 a few weeks ago but did not want to win that way, CLASS ACT!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I like Stewarts "heat of the moment" "real" comments. I actually feel its very refreshing and true to the roots of Nascar. I get really tired of the "corperate" type interviews. "Id like to thank our sponsors...........blah blah blah" BORING!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to Benson for winning his first race. He is really a class act but lets face it, he doesn't have the talent of Tony Stewart or Mark Martin, so why do you have to bash them. They are 2 of the best drivers Nascar has.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Registered

the thing that REALLY drives me nuts is the union 76 racing gas references, night SABER28

Quick Reply: finally after 226 tries, VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.