Key west worlds this year

Old 05-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

what’s Geico’s issue with key west now?
Old 05-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Went many many times great but like all great things I think it's over? Sad when you lose a big player like Geico they see little advantage in it and race else where people follow that! But who knows I'd do a Poker run but to race & trailer no! Also a huge 35mph task getting there on land!
Old 05-22-2019, 05:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I haven't been on this site (or online) for a long time, so please forgive me if my question is old news. Who comprises RWO and what happened to John Carbonell?

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 05-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by chewiekw
what’s Geico’s issue with key west now?
RWO. It also won’t be apba sanctioned. Geico was at the original meetings in key west and said if OPA/apba/P1 didn’t get it. They were out.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

steve Curtis has his panties a wad .he didn't get his way .so the teams he influences follow along like little puppys .
No?
Then explain why you wont do key west

The past several years its been due to JC .
Hes gone
you represent a company . a major company .Not Godall I mean the coerporation.
do they agree with youre decision ?
Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Key West will still be a huge week for boaters. I have watched less and less of the races the last few years but found out I can still have a great time.

It took 9 years to get a slip at the Galleon Marina and 6 years to get a room there. I'm going no matter what.

Plus, we throw one killer party on Thursday night that is a highlight of the week if you like that sort of thing. LOL
Old 05-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Key West will still be a huge week for boaters. I have watched less and less of the races the last few years but found out I can still have a great time.

It took 9 years to get a slip at the Galleon Marina and 6 years to get a room there. I'm going no matter what.

Plus, we throw one killer party on Thursday night that is a highlight of the week if you like that sort of thing. LOL
I've said in other threads, the races have unfortunately (or not however you look at it) become a side show to the whole weekend. The races used to be the whole reason that week happened. After Stu started bringing poker runs down it has slowly grown into a completely different animal. The poker run carries that weekend. Not that I'd want it to happen because the more cool boating stuff the better but the races could go away all together and it would still be one of the largest performance boating events in the world. If the races ultimately end down there - which lets be honest, as long as there's offshore racing (in 400 different organizations ) there will be SOMEONE down there racing - but if they did go away it would just open the door for Stu or someone else to expand the poker run experience - Organized day runs, raft ups, maybe a shootout, poker run street party on Friday night (like havasu), OSO / SOTW party Thursday, etc etc. the possibilities are A) untapped and B) endless.

Things change and evolve. This is part of it. Everyone settle down, it'll be fine. See you in KW!

Last edited by thisistank; 05-23-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:17 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I really don't care if Geico shows up.... I don't go to see the guy with the most money win..... actually might be better if they don't go.....gives other teams a better chance?
Old 05-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

KW is an experience....but face it, if there was 3 days of racing elsewhere for the "Worlds" + located where everything isn't a major expense nor year long process to get dockage and accommodation - The race event would still draw enough to be a major considered a success.

That said KW is KW... or is it Duval St.is Duval St.?
Old 05-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Things change and evolve. This is part of it. Everyone settle down, it'll be fine. See you in KW!
Don't forget to make your flight reservations for Memphis so you can tow the Tiger down this year...........See you in KW

Last edited by payuppsucker; 05-23-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.