Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
cabins, does anybody really use them? >

cabins, does anybody really use them?

Notices

cabins, does anybody really use them?

Old 11-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use my cabin always in my 40' Hawk....it has air and heat lots of room in width but not much head room....stayed over 30 nights this past summer in it....nothing neater than sleeping in a boat during a large storm.....use the marinas showers and restaurants....life is good.....Fred
Old 11-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We do a lot of exploring on Chesapeake Bay, and to us the cabin is one of the best parts of our 38' Formula. We went so far as to add hot water, A/C and generator so we're completely self-sufficient if we have to be. It's all in the way you use your boat.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We use our cabin every weekend. You don't need to have a cooking area. That what restuarants are for. Just make sure where you stay has shower facilities.
I'm 6 feet tall and have a 38 Flat deck Cigarette 7 foot plus V berth. Works just fine.

Mark
Old 11-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 33 Donzi

I have been wanting that 33 Donzi for a long time!!! - I love the cabin - and it's still fast and very creature comfort in cockpit ( power dropouts - power footrests) If I had the $$$ i'd be in one right now.
Myself - I prefer to stay on my boat - especially at Put-In-Bay. I Like to keep an eye on who's walking across my swim platform/sunpad. Also if someone decides to cast out of the raft "I"!!!! want to re-tie my boat - you can wind up next to some drunken Jag-off that won't adjust your fenders or anything.

I've also had to raft in the harbor, - storm kicked up the next morning-early - sailboat broke loose and was blowing right toward me - I was glad to be there to fend off the blow boat from mine.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm with "Mr. Cig" as wifey. We do use the cabin, it really is nice and comfortable after a long day out. Hook up shore power, crank up the stereo, and click on the air! All set! I agree, though, wouldn't use the micro or cooking.....have cell phone and am very good at dinner reservations! It also makes anchoring at the beach more fun....but that is a TOTALLY different story
Old 11-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Registered

Yea, sleeping, refrigerator, ice maker,and the head with shower and hot and cold water, screw the cooking stuff.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Registered

I use mine almost every other weekend. Is this what you mean?
Attached Thumbnails cabins, does anybody really use them?-cabin-snow-w-sleds.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use mine only if I drink too much and quickies. Mostly just for lines and lifejackets.

Will
Old 11-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Depends on how you boat. We use ours a lot. We stay at a local marina 10 minutes from our house and sleep on the boat. I'll admit I'd rather stay at home in the king size bed with a/c, but it's nice staying on the boat, too. I wouldn't want to pay for a hotel in that case. We travel a lot on Lake MI, and it's nice to stay on the boat. Saves us cashola that way. So we can spend more money on boat gas and more trips

That's the ONLY reason we'll move to another boat, more cabin room. I'll go after more speed too when we do, just cause But I could get more speed out of the current boat, can't add on cabin room, well, unless Mr Offshore puts that pop-up on cabin option my boat
Old 11-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quickies??? That must be where you got your nickname "hair trigger" .
Slept on my 27 Formula a few times but with shore power and cable TV. Flip the air on...it's

Quick Reply: cabins, does anybody really use them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.