Brunswick To Acquire Freedom Boat Club

Notices

Brunswick To Acquire Freedom Boat Club

Old 05-26-2019, 09:45 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Brunswick To Acquire Freedom Boat Club

Intriguing move by Brunswick, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...edom-boat-club.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Easy decision! They offer 2200 rental boats, so if they are owned by Brunswick then they will likely buy Brunswick boats to replace that 2200 boat fleet. Two fold win: Brunswick sells 2200 boats and competitors just lost their chance to sell their product to Freedom. It shouldn't be a big expense to buy since they franchised most of the business to individual owners. They also opened up fleet financing for the franchisees.

It is like when car manufacturers strike deals with rental car agencies.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Man I seen that coming way over a year ago. keep feeding new boats into the market place and then selling the used rentals and those buyers buying the Merc parts for them to make lake ready and reliable. I knew that was coming someday and it has now.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our local ones are nearly solely Yamaha powered product, if that’s the case for most of them then I’d say it’s a very shrewd move on Brunswick’s behalf. Be interesting to see what boats they offer come fleet renewal time.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

The wife and I checked this out as an alternative to a purchase and Brunswick will have to make some significant changes to make this a successful venture IMHO--At the location we visited it is a classic case of what the large print giveth gives the small print taketh away. There are only boats available 7 months out of the year but dues are payable all 12, and you only get 3 reciprocal uses at another location in any given year. If you relocate your membership does not transfer and you forfeit your "one time" entry fee. The club we visited was staffed with a bunch of High School kids that didn't know much about anything but were left alone to run the business.

This seemed like an ideal solution--but it turned into a case of buyer beware!
Old 05-28-2019, 11:51 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,069 Likes on 283 Posts

There's a freedom boat club here on LG. Nice enough boats. They all have Honda's though....bet that chances lol