Notices

368 Skater build

Old 06-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for the thread. Lots of decisions involved in a full custom build.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

What is the advantage of building integrated fuel tanks vs. drop in aluminum tanks? I know the aluminum tanks can and do sometimes crack.
But no one foresaw what ethanol was going to do to fiberglass tanks. And a lot of Skater and other owners had to fork out a lot of money to have them redone in some fashion.

Who knows what the next fuel additive or other BS might bring. I'm NOT throwing rocks at Skater. I'm just curious as to why they stick with this build method.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting this and Congrats!!
Old 06-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What is the advantage of building integrated fuel tanks vs. drop in aluminum tanks? I know the aluminum tanks can and do sometimes crack.
But no one foresaw what ethanol was going to do to fiberglass tanks. And a lot of Skater and other owners had to fork out a lot of money to have them redone in some fashion.

Who knows what the next fuel additive or other BS might bring. I'm NOT throwing rocks at Skater. I'm just curious as to why they stick with this build method.
I really cannot answer why they do integral tanks. BUT, I did talk to Tony about this and the Ethanol problem. He assured me their materials are good for the modern fuels, they learned from that. I cannot fathom Peter building something that won't do the job. But I do get why you ask.

Last edited by Fair Chase; 06-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Soooooo cool that you guys spent some time with the crew at Skater. Congrats on an awesome new baby being born. You will love this next chapter in your boating life. Let me know when you are coming up to ride on our slow turd.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Looking forward to following this one! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 544 Likes on 330 Posts

please keep us posted with lots 'o pics

Old 06-06-2019, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks for posting, awesome thread, boy am I jealous Should be a screamer! keep the updates comming!!!
Old 06-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lake p.a.l.
Soooooo cool that you guys spent some time with the crew at Skater. Congrats on an awesome new baby being born. You will love this next chapter in your boating life. Let me know when you are coming up to ride on our slow turd.
Thanks for that. I for one, really appreciate the heritage, culture and tradition that exudes from Skater when there. Just some of the picture on the walls and the knowing & confident grins you see tell a story, all their own. To say I'm excited about this would be the understatement of the century.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations on the new build! Looking forward to following the build as well. Welcome to Skater Nation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.