Notices

368 Skater build

Old 06-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as delivery date goes. I am obviously anxious, however; I have always taken an attitude on things like this that I want it right, It takes as long as it takes. I just had a Pro-Street/Pro Tour 66 Chevelle built. It took 3 years. People were always asking me when it was going to be done. I answered the same, it takes as long as it takes. All pushing does is sour relationships and makes you hate something before you even get it. Whether its a house, a car or a boat, I will love it and enjoy the process.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Congratulation's and thanks again for the build thread! We get to live vicariously through your build. Superstitious thank you for your build thread also. I hope to see both of your new rides in person at some point in the not to distant future.
Originally Posted by Fair Chase
Yeah, me too.
Thanks gentleman. Perhaps one day our paths will cross. Watching all these builds come together gives me the goosebumps. I too am patient and enjoy every minute. It’s the “thrill of the chase”!!
Old 06-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

As far as delivery date goes. I am obviously anxious, however; I have always taken an attitude on things like this that I want it right, It takes as long as it takes. I just had a Pro-Street/Pro Tour 66 Chevelle built. It took 3 years. People were always asking me when it was going to be done. I answered the same, it takes as long as it takes. All pushing does is sour relationships and makes you hate something before you even get it. Whether its a house, a car or a boat, I will love it and enjoy the process.
Keep up with that attitude and enjoy the build process! Make as many trips as you can back there during the build, and take as many pictures as you can - you'll look back on it years from now with many fond memories. There's nothing like building a one-of-a-kind Skater, I don't care how long it takes!
Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skater30
Keep up with that attitude and enjoy the build process! Make as many trips as you can back there during the build, and take as many pictures as you can - you'll look back on it years from now with many fond memories. There's nothing like building a one-of-a-kind Skater, I don't care how long it takes!
Hi Skater30. You're right, besides, I really enjoy just being there amongst the awesome machines, the culture and history of Skater. My wife chastised me on the drive back to Chicago that I compressed our trip and made it difficult and the days too long. She's right, I did it as i would a business trip, in...out....home. I need to schedule a trip with no real rush. I need to drive back there in a couple months anyway. I bought a gently used tilt from a fellow boater in Havasu that I need to get back there.

I mentioned a 66 Chevelle build. I figure most guys here are motor heads so heres a couple pictures.

Last edited by Fair Chase; 06-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Chevelle looks like a fun ride.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

66-67 Chevelle SS 396 is my dream car, Marina Blue, they had a nice light metal flake green that was nice too.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually received a "re-promise" Monday.
Make them put it in writing.My friend Matt was promised 6 months and his boat has been there 3.5 years.
Of course he screwed up and paid them 80 % up front.😳,and nothing is in writing.
I was told 1 month to fix and repaint my deck ,and 5 months later they finished it in March ,so I missed Desert Storm.
Their word means NOTHING.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Probably the hardest decision was the bustle design. I had one thing in mind, the wife had another. (imagine that) So we decided on this style, since we both liked it. Skater will literally build you ANY bustle you desire. The interesting part is that the flat deck material extends beyond the end of the hull to form the top of the bustle. They also include tunnel extension into the bustle design. This is on a 388. Another custom option we are having done is a way to hold an umbrella stationary. Arizona sun demands a way to get out of it somehow.

What race boat is that being built in the background?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
What race boat is that being built in the background?
I have no idea? I didn't even notice it till you said something.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea? I didn't even notice it till you said something.
chad notices everything.lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.