Notices

Ceramic Coating

Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Will ceramic coating hold up on water running surfaces? I’m still looking for a product to prevent hull stains. Old porous gel coat Browns easily.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wounder how it would work on a aluminum trailer,prevent the water from staining/water spots etc?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Instead of one of the ones that lasts years and are a total pain in the ass to apply you can go with Hydrosilex.
Which of their products do you use on your cars and boat? In the shopping area there are a few to choose from. I've been looking for a DIY application to use. I've been using the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and like it, but also understand what the product is.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Which of their products do you use on your cars and boat? In the shopping area there are a few to choose from. I've been looking for a DIY application to use. I've been using the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and like it, but also understand what the product is.

Thanks
Just the recharge. My boat is mostly painted though. I haven't tried the marine one but I honestly can't imagine it's that much better than the recharge. It's the most effective while being mindlessly easy to apply product I have ever used
Old 06-13-2019, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Did it to our Fountain with our product. Going on season 3. Haven’t waxed it for 3 years. All I Spray on is our world famous Bead Maker. And every time I wipe it down it’s like it was waxed a week before. The shine with ceramic coating is amazing as well.
I love Bead Maker and highly recommend it to anyone, I’ve been using it on my 2018 F250 and it’s ABSOLUTELY incredible! I’ve tried everything and found this product and haven’t looked back. If this is your product then Thank You ! Finally a product that delivers.

Forgot to mention.... my truck has a ceramic coating on it aswell, perfect combo !
Old 06-14-2019, 06:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Will ceramic coating hold up on water running surfaces? I’m still looking for a product to prevent hull stains. Old porous gel coat Browns easily.
Great question. Can anyone comment?
Old 06-14-2019, 08:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Concern on a new boat would be "cured paint". Many paints UNLESS cured by UV light treatment (which requires a specific paint/clear), are not fully cured until 90 days. You can't apply any permanent type of coating until after they are cured.

Mark, don't do anything until you confirm your paint is fully cured by talking to the painter about what materials were used.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Concern on a new boat would be "cured paint". Many paints UNLESS cured by UV light treatment (which requires a specific paint/clear), are not fully cured until 90 days. You can't apply any permanent type of coating until after they are cured.

Mark, don't do anything until you confirm your paint is fully cured by talking to the painter about what materials were used.
good call. It would suck applying only to ruin paint underneath. I’ve heard stories where people cover fresh paint pre maturely with sunbrella canvas, and the paint bubbles because it can’t de-gas/cure.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Post. Lots of great info. Thanks Guys
Old 06-14-2019, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Does anyone know of a reputable installer in SWFL? I am considering having my new 39NT done when its finished.

Erik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.