Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP >

Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Notices

Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Old 06-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Sadly enough this build has been cancelled. Rik from Arneson simply cannot get me the parts and every single communication from almost the last year has been a lie. My boat went down for the conversion last July and I was promised parts in NOV originally, then DEC, then Jan, etc etc. I was planning on using my boat all winter in FL and had several family vacations cancelled because of this debacle which quite honestly is more valuable to me then the 10's of thousands I've lost here. In this past spring, facing losing my whole summer and zero faith in Rik to deliver the parts due to all of the broken promises I cancelled the build. The boat had just been sitting there waiting with a new transom, fresh painted bilge, etc etc for a LONG time collecting dust. Two months or so ago I asked Rik for my $$ back due to all of the broken promises. I gave him a few months grace (due to our friendship of the last ten years) and now I'm sitting here with broken promises on the return of the money as well. He left both myself and all the great vendors I worked with in the lurch. I would like to kindly ask anyone reading this if you know of an attorney that may be able to help me please PM me. My hope is this post encourages Rik to do the right thing though I fear it may not and I'll have to resort to legal action. I gave Rik a 40k deposit and haven't gotten a penny back. I'm not bad mouthing him here, just stating the facts. Please let this also serve as a warning if you are looking to do business with Arneson. This is not the way to treat a customer Arneson has had a relationship with for 10 years that has bought drives in the past.

Rik if you read this do the right thing here and please give me my money back. I don't deserve this crap after all that you've put me through. I feel outright taken advantage of. You need to make this right.

Regards Chris Nagy

Last edited by hotstang46; 06-26-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

This was my worst fear from the beginning due to the trouble I had getting a chain and sprockets. I hate it for you, however there was a complete Arneson setup in Swap Shop at a very good price if you still want to go with the Arnesons. I love the Arnesons..............until you need parts.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
This was my worst fear from the beginning due to the trouble I had getting a chain and sprockets. I hate it for you, however there was a complete Arneson setup in Swap Shop at a very good price if you still want to go with the Arnesons. I love the Arnesons..............until you need parts.
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. I actually sold the boat back when I decided to cancel the build. Not being on the water with my family was making me sick so the quickest way to get back was to just take my loss and buy a different boat (4300 nortech). The owner I bought the velocity from actually bought it back from me and is putting imco SCx's on it with 1000 horse blower motors I believe. I absolutely lost my you know what on this, makes me sick.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Brutal !
Old 06-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 531 Likes on 328 Posts

not trying to change topic here, but can you share pics of your Nor-Tech?

Old 06-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 821 Likes on 347 Posts

Really sorry to read this! That looked like a very cool project. I bet the Nortech is an awesome boat but hope the rest gets resolved for you.

Just ****ing sucks there’s that many that feel they can get away with this type of business out there nowadays. That’s why when I do find someone who does good business and is an honest stand up person I make sure I keep they’re name and number.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli

not trying to change topic here, but can you share pics of your Nor-Tech?

I'll post them up later today in the Nor Tech forum......
Old 06-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

It sucks that you have to go thru this, I too have been dealing with a "Drive guy" that is not responsive, and when he does respond, it was very frustrating. I just and went and picked up my drive.....
Old 06-26-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
It sucks that you have to go thru this, I too have been dealing with a "Drive guy" that is not responsive, and when he does respond, it was very frustrating. I just and went and picked up my drive.....
I'm glad you ended up getting it at least....better late than never I suppose
Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Registered

You are not alone. I to am fighting for my deposit back as well same lies that you got. Deposit on 2/25/19 said 6 to 8 weeks lead time. Canceled order on 5/31/19. Tells me he does not have the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.