Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig CC from Salt to Fresh at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/361508-cig-cc-salt-fresh-loto.html)

tlark 06-27-2019 10:31 PM

Cig CC from Salt to Fresh at LOTO

Have a Cig Center Console coming in LOTO in a few days that has spent its short life (2014) in Fla, Well maintained by Lip-Ship since new and want to be somewhat pro-active if possible with cleaning and preventive maintenance from the Salt/water/air if that is at all possible. For those that have been there and done that anything you can recommend would be welcome. From the NC and certainly aware you cannot reverse salt. Boat received its full baths after operation and was stored inside/full cover FWIW.

seafordguy 06-28-2019 06:26 AM

If it's that new and truly that well cared for I'd clean it, maybe replace thermostats and go enjoy your boat.

H20 Toie 06-28-2019 10:25 AM

My guess is that since lipship was maintaining it you won't be able to tell the difference between that boat and one that lived its whole life in fresh water. When i bought my 2008 cig from lipship it was perfect and ran like a top even thou it was only used in the ocean

smokediver 06-28-2019 10:37 AM

I think different sacrificial anodes are used in freshwater.

pm203 06-28-2019 04:54 PM

If Phil maintained it, it will be nice. However, salt does do its damage as well as the hot Fl sun. Whatever tell tale signs can be reversed, but being a 14, it shouldn't be too bad.

Quinlan 07-01-2019 07:23 AM

Come On Guys- you all know that once a boat goes Salt it is Junk- you just need to sell it to me at a great Loss and move on to a Real Boat :ernaehrung004:

TURBOED 02-02-2020 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quinlan (Post 4694573)
Come On Guys- you all know that once a boat goes Salt it is Junk- you just need to sell it to me at a great Loss and move on to a Real Boat :ernaehrung004:

i can see the sarcasm but seriously though that is the way every one feels now a days on the Fakebook groups specially,bunch of queers if you ask me,is like having a mud truck that you won't go in the mud with or a car you won't drive in the rain,is called an offshore boat for a reason.

sailtexas186548 02-02-2020 05:45 AM

Run it fresh water and give it a good wash - done. the trailer is gonna be the more likely issue if the boat was well maintained

Indy 02-02-2020 08:17 AM

Magnesium anodes for fresh water, zinc/aluminum for salt.

louisa6 02-02-2020 10:08 PM

Phil maintained my '99 TG for it's first five years of life while it was down there in FL. It spent some time on the great lakes and now at LOTO. You would never be able to tell it spent any time at all in saltwater - I only know because of the records...