Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Redhead Lakeside Grill and Yachtclub, Performance Boat Center >

Redhead Lakeside Grill and Yachtclub, Performance Boat Center

Like Tree14Likes

Redhead Lakeside Grill and Yachtclub, Performance Boat Center

Old 07-13-2019, 10:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

My Boat: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger
Default Redhead Lakeside Grill and Yachtclub, Performance Boat Center

We probably frequent them 6-8 times a month in the summer, and 2-4 in the winter. Today I took a boatload of about a dozen there and while I was sitting at the bar (drinking a Diet Coke), I came to a simple conclusion. From the dock girls, gas dock, the bar tenders/waiters, cooks, kitchen staff, salespeople, mechanics, and management, they are as first class of operation as there could be. They know how to get it done and the experience goes well beyond the awesome food. If you ever venture to LOTO, be certain to plan a trip there early, as you will want to come back. There is enough *****ing around here I just wanted to give a shoutout to a company that knows how to get it done!

Old 07-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Registered

My Boat: Tidewater 280 cc

Definitely been my experience, and also good to deal with for launching the boat, or any mechanical issue that arises during a run.

Good post.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:35 AM
Registered

My Boat: Jefferson Marlago FS35, Formula 330SS

Have yet to meet a dock girl on the lake that knows what a spring line is. Some think they do and even use the term.

God forbid some cruiser rolls by while Im tied to dock cleat directly below my boats cleat with 1 of line. Thankfully its a non issue back up in redheads cove, or BWJ. But it could be a real problem at coconuts, gators or 4 seasons.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 2018 Princecraft Tritoon w/300 VRod

I've been going there since it opened. Once they got the food dialed in with the new chef/menu it is one of the best places to eat on the lake and most importantly, very consistent in quality. No one can argue that the grounds/facilities are among the best on the lake. I bought my most recent boat from Rusty in March and it was the least painful boat buying experience of my life. Alana and Kelsey take great care of us at the pool bar and most days you see Mark walking around chatting folks up. By far my wife's favorite place on the lake. My only bad experience to date there has been my boat getting t-boned in one of the double-wide slips while I was already tied up and sitting at the pool. Dock girls tried to keep the idiot off my boat but this guy was bound and determined to prove he cannot back a boat into a nearly three-wide slip in calm water and no wind. Once again though, PBC is providing great service and working with Dave on parts and repairs has been great. Note to self, don't pass up the single slips if they are available!

As for dock girls and spring lines, my take is they are there to help you in but once in I always make sure my boat is tied up the way I want it tied up after they leave. I've seen a couple at various places that knew how to run a spring line but most are just going to run a line to the nearest cleat and be on their way to the next boat coming in.
dykstra likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:11 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2013 52' MTI

Top notch for sure! We love going there during shootout or anytime visiting LOTO.
dykstra likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered

Mark, Brett, Myrick and the whole crew make it look easy. I not seen anything where Waddingtoin and First Class are not linked together. They set the bar without question.

Joe
dykstra likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:28 AM
Registered

My Boat: Cigarette Tiger, Formula, Raysoncraft, Tahiti, Angler

Definitely a first class operation.
dykstra likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Registered

My Boat: Wellcraft Nova

I agree. It’s always first class. Sometimes a place may get complacent after a few years of success but I think they are getting better and better.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2012 MTI 36RP; 09 35 Fountain Lightning, sold

Our home away from home when visiting LOTO from NY. Exceptional facilities and service.

Only complaint I can think of is the 16+ hour tow to get there. Pretty certain they need to open a 1000 Islands location !!
Old 07-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2014 Cig CC

Spot on comments, this past Sat while heading to a cove to meet up with friends my power steering went out at the 19mm. I observed a leak at the fitting at the transom, it was evident I had prob been seeping fluid for awhile. Just took delivery of this Cig CC last weekend and realized I had failed to put my channel locks on the boat.

The boat partially dis-able and so am I as I broke my leg/ankle in early May.

Mobile enough but with all the goings on of getting the boat delivered and some other issues not to mention limited mobility I forgot one of the essential and typical tools and power steering fluid as well. Yep, real bone head move........... I called PBC and left a message to see if the had staff around. I got a call back within 5 minutes, being familiar with the facilities we limped in with minimal steering for the most part. Pretty much had it diagnosed just from observation but with there help it was fixed within 5 minutes and learned of the design flaw that can plague this area. Apparantly this has happened before with the fitting/lines that can get bumped by a foot perhaps or just general cleaning. Point is PBC did good by me and they even called a golf cart to come and pick up the guy with a broken leg and haul him and the wife up to the pool. We have been repeat offenders before, the food which as always been good and dock help that is competent. First time for service and greatful for the attention. Given those guys a raise !!!

Thanks
PBC

Last edited by tlark; 07-15-2019 at 09:25 PM.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser