Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Might need a favor tomorrow in McHenry, IL... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36193-might-need-favor-tomorrow-mchenry-il.html)

Sydwayz 11-03-2002 05:46 PM

Might need a favor tomorrow in McHenry, IL...

My Mom lives alone in McHenry, IL, and her car just ate the Serpentine belt at her apartment. I am afraid she may have let the power steering pump dry up, and it locked up. She is going to call her friend who works at the Goodyear place tomorrow to see if he can help. If not, I could use a little help if someone could point me toward a mobile mechanic or something like that. I hate to spend hundreds to tow it somewhere I don't trust, and have to replace a bunch of crap that may not be bad. If the PS pump is salvageable, with a serpentine belt replacement; we could get off lucky. Is anyone local with a wrench that may could help me out, or point me toward someone who can? The car is a '97 Pontiac Grand Prix with a transversly mounted 3800 V-6. Thanks so much in advance!!

Intolerant1 11-03-2002 06:04 PM

Try Keith Brommelcamp at Water and Wheels. He is off Lilly Lake road. I cant find his card or I would post a telephone number. I think the town is Lakemore ?

Smitty 11-03-2002 09:59 PM

Sydwayz,
I work in the next town south of McHenry (Crystal Lake). I run the shop at a BMW dealer. Give me a call at 815-455-4330 if you need a referal and also one of my guys does repairs out of his garage after hours.

Just ask for Dave

Sydwayz 11-03-2002 10:15 PM

Thanks so much guys. I will know more tomorrow. OSO rocks!!!

BDFREE 11-04-2002 05:01 AM

keith brommelkamp
phone number is 1-815-363-9782

he is good and honest

rv 11-04-2002 07:23 AM

I'll sedond Keith. He has done work for me on the boat and is very good.

Sydwayz 11-04-2002 03:00 PM

Thanks guys. The Goodyear place had it towed in, and replaced the Serp. belt. It appears it just let go because of age. They filled up the PS fluid, flushed the cooling, and $251.00 later, she was out the door. I guess that ain't too bad. I probably would have paid that anywhere in this situation; less being there myself to replace a $32.00 belt!!!

Sydwayz 11-25-2002 12:31 AM

S.O.B. Now the water pump is leaking out of the weeping hole. I am specing R&R with a few places now. I think they want around $400 bucks. I will give Keith a call tomorrow, and possibly Dave/Bigwavz.

Thanks again folks.

Breathe Later 11-25-2002 08:47 AM

Try Mike's Automotive in Wonder Lake. He's a big time powerboater and head of the local club 815--653-2886

Sydwayz 11-25-2002 03:30 PM

I just called Keith at W&W. I think he is going to take good care of us, and I am glad to start this relationship. It turns out he drives a very similar car as his personal vehicle, so that sounds like a good start! Thanks again OSO! Where else could I get this help? No where!