Question about Clearwater Fla. >

Question about Clearwater Fla.

Notices

Question about Clearwater Fla.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Clearwater Fla.

The wife was looking at places in the Clearwater Fla./ Clearwater Beach area to go to for a week in the spring, does anyone have anything on this area?...Is it a decent area....good restaurants.....low in crime etc.....Thank for any info.....Fred
Old 11-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Registered

Default CLW

Clearwater is great, low in crime e.t.c. Couple nice restaurants & beach is real nice. Caladesi Island (north of Clw Bch)has been voted one of the top beaches in the US. Just don't arrive at Spring break as trafic is horrific. They are building a new bridge onto the Island & trafic can be real slow in peak times. Are you bringing a boat with ya? Plenty of great boating & lots of ICW to cruise. Check out St Pete. Beach as well, IMHO better location to interstates & plenty things to do in 20mi radius. St Pete Bch is probably just 20mi. south of Clw.
John
Old 11-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Registered

Both St. Pete and Clearwater Beach are both nice...

If you looking for somewhere to stay try the Don Cesar in St. Pete or Adam's Mark Clearwater Beach Resort.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived in Clearwater Beach in '88. The beach is great but it is dry. No alcohol was allowed on the public beach. You had to go in front of one of the hotels to drink. Town was clean and crime was low back then. I think cuda on this board is from there.

Ron
Old 11-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Registered

We go to St. Pete Beach every Jan. It is very nice there and we have a ton of fun.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The Don Cesar is fanatastic. St. Pete if very nice an tranquil.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Registered

Fred - Clwr. Beach is great..a bit touristy for me tho. If you bring a boat, there are a lot of great boating spots. If you stay on the beach, hit Frenchy's for a good quick meal or Island Way Grill for a "GREAT" dinner. The beach has a lot of everything but if you bring a boat and mingle abit, the water has alot more to offer. The beach is about a 15 min boat run for me from the house.We go down occasionally and usually hit Frency's. Wardey
Old 11-04-2002, 05:46 AM
Registered

Thanks for the response all....that info was what I was looking for,...Thanks...Fred
Old 11-04-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

Fred,
I live about an hour north of that area. You picked a great area to visit. Plenty of fun for water enthusiasts. If you need any help just email & will respond.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Registered

Fred~ Don Cesar is very nice. They are located right on the beach, but I don't think (you'd have to check more into this)that, it has a marina.
On the otherhand, The Vinoy (my favorite hotel) does have a marina, but they aren't right on the beach. But, if you pay the money to stay there, you might want to discover the history on the Vinoy and enjoy their pool and spa!! It's really not that bad in price, considering what a neat place it is!!
Downtown Tampa has an area called Ybor City, which ends up feeling more like Bourban St. in New Orleans if you know what I mean.
St. Pete also has the Pier and the Baseball Field right there. And a shopping area called the Boardwalk, which has some nice shops.
Actually, I just realized we have some neat pic's from the Vinoy........
Attached Thumbnails Question about Clearwater Fla.-vinoy-8.jpg  

Quick Reply: Question about Clearwater Fla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.