Upstate Powerboat Restoring U B Violated 40-Foot Skater

Notices

Upstate Powerboat Restoring U B Violated 40-Foot Skater

Old 07-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Upstate Powerboat Restoring U B Violated 40-Foot Skater

With the goal of showcasing his company's full rebuild capabilities, Phil Hess of Upstate Powerboat in Auburn, N.Y., recently purchased the former U B Violated 40-foot Skater owned by the late Jeff Asbell. Stay tuned for updates on the project on speedonthewater.com.

https://speedonthewater.com/boat-res...40-foot-skater
Old 07-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson
With the goal of showcasing his company's full rebuild capabilities, Phil Hess of Upstate Powerboat in Auburn, N.Y., recently purchased the former U B Violated 40-foot Skater owned by the late Jeff Asbell. Stay tuned for updates on the project on speedonthewater.com.

https://speedonthewater.com/boat-res...40-foot-skater
I get that it takes a ton of talent when it comes to rebuilding boats especially when there is structural damage but why wuold anyone want a boat that someone lost there life in ? Maybe it’s just me ?
Old 07-26-2019, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish

I get that it takes a ton of talent when it comes to rebuilding boats especially when there is structural damage but why wuold anyone want a boat that someone lost there life in ? Maybe it’s just me ?

because sometimes the owner or people involved would want to see the boat back on the water running and not sitting rotting.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Insuring a salvaged cat will be interesting...
Old 07-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax

because sometimes the owner or people involved would want to see the boat back on the water running and not sitting rotting.
I have very mixed emotions on this and wish you well on the project!!

Boats are different, we all know. But a wrecked 458 Ferrari carries its stigma forever. It’s also never “right.”

The things I saw on that boat when it was being taken out of the water I couldn’t understand. I saw Pammy also when it was being loaded onto the trailer years back. It pales In comparison and I don’t think anyone has tried to put it back together. I hope and pray you guys get all the structural stuff done spot on. I, like the rest of us do not want to see you fail. Best of luck and hopefully get to run into you and your project at a run in the future, sounds like it will be a fun build.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii

I have very mixed emotions on this and wish you well on the project!!

Boats are different, we all know. But a wrecked 458 Ferrari carries its stigma forever. It’s also never “right.”

The things I saw on that boat when it was being taken out of the water I couldn’t understand. I saw Pammy also when it was being loaded onto the trailer years back. It pales In comparison and I don’t think anyone has tried to put it back together. I hope and pray you guys get all the structural stuff done spot on. I, like the rest of us do not want to see you fail. Best of luck and hopefully get to run into you and your project at a run in the future, sounds like it will be a fun build.
the boat structure-ally is not in bad shape at all. Pammy is much worse and pammy is rebuildable also. It will be a very fun and rewarding build we look forward to posting our documentation
Old 07-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Registered

Received 409 Likes on 182 Posts

Post pics as the build progress
Old 07-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Some very salty and bitter people that just want to bash and hate and it is sad.

Phil I wish you the best and very happy to not only see this boat come back to life but to do so with having the families involved in it and cheering it on is just awesome!
Old 07-27-2019, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Some very salty and bitter people that just want to bash and hate and it is sad.

Phil I wish you the best and very happy to not only see this boat come back to life but to do so with having the families involved in it and cheering it on is just awesome!
I don’t think my post or any of the ones I read were “hating “ and “ bashing “? I also stated that I’m sure it takes a ton of talent to even consider taking on a job like this. I was strictly staying my opinion. To each there own . Good luck With the rebuild
Old 07-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Insuring a salvaged cat will be interesting...
There’s no traceable salvage titles on boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.