Hauler Question...P2XL vs P4XL

Notices

Hauler Question...P2XL vs P4XL

Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fair Chase
I am also pricing new but am frightened at what I might see. It seems they only build a couple a year in 4WD. My wife is pretty insistent on 4WD as she will be the one launching and retrieving. She absolutely wants no launch-ramp drama. Time is on my side. My only issue time wise is to get my tilt to Skater before "winter."
There are a couple of them sitting at Pro Motorsports. Scottsdale Road and Adobe.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texaschopper
There are a couple of them sitting at Pro Motorsports. Scottsdale Road and Adobe.
I am currently talking to them about a new one.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

There are two used P4XL's in the market right now. I'm going to look at one this weekend. The other is actually in Phoenix, where I live. I am also pricing new but am frightened at what I might see. It seems they only build a couple a year in 4WD. My wife is pretty insistent on 4WD as she will be the one launching and retrieving. She absolutely wants no launch-ramp drama. Time is on my side. My only issue time wise is to get my tilt to Skater before "winter."
If you have a wife that will launch and retrieve you get her whatever the **** she wants!
Old 07-31-2019, 12:22 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster

If you have a wife that will launch and retrieve you get her whatever the **** she wants!
Yep, she's a keeper. We're going on 36 years. We typically boat just the two of us and she's always a trooper. With lack of people, it means more to do for both of us. Our hand are full at times.

However...I will say this. On our first visit to Skater, when we ordered the boat, Peter and Tony were walking us through the plant. We walked over to a new tilt sitting there. She asked Tony what that beast was for. He looked at her and simply said, "your exact boat." After we left, she told me she wasn't sure about her handling that thing in parking lots.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:09 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Yep, she's a keeper. We're going on 36 years. We typically boat just the two of us and she's always a trooper. With lack of people, it means more to do for both of us. Our hand are full at times.

However...I will say this. On our first visit to Skater, when we ordered the boat, Peter and Tony were walking us through the plant. We walked over to a new tilt sitting there. She asked Tony what that beast was for. He looked at her and simply said, "your exact boat." After we left, she told me she wasn't sure about her handling that thing in parking lots.
Yvonne is the same. Usually just the two of us, but she does get a bit stressed. Biggest issue I have is she ALWAYS has cameras running. I think she is hoping for that one viral f'up I make. Or evidence it wasn't her that killed. me. LOL
Old 07-31-2019, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Yvonne is the same. Usually just the two of us, but she does get a bit stressed. Biggest issue I have is she ALWAYS has cameras running. I think she is hoping for that one viral f'up I make. Or evidence it wasn't her that killed. me. LOL
We've never really done events. That said, we're planing on going to a few that are outside our normal venue. We're both looking forward to a new page in our boating and meeting new folks. If my wife (Lori) filmed one of my many cock-ups, I would throw one of her beloved and many purses into the drink.

(But don't tell her I said that)

Last edited by Fair Chase; 07-31-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Had 4x in my F350 and used it.
Had 2x in my F650 and never felt like I needed 4x.
The differential and the truck weight seemed to be key. I do know the 4x 650 ride is harsh.

My 650 had DRW but I have heard the singles don't grip nearly as well FYI
What do you tow with now?
Old 09-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Registered

Hey Gang. Took me a couple weeks to get it home but here it is. 2014 P4XL, 28K miles

Old 09-06-2019, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Congrats!

If it took 2 weeks to get home, I want pics of the road trip lol.

Congrats, very cool rig...

Dave
Old 09-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Very cool tow rig, congrats. Cmon up to Bay area in next 2 months & run around with us, best time of year for Bay boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.