Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I beat the peewiminy out of Rich Obren's 42'Fountain today!!! >

I beat the peewiminy out of Rich Obren's 42'Fountain today!!!

Notices

I beat the peewiminy out of Rich Obren's 42'Fountain today!!!

Old 10-26-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up I beat Rich's 42'Fountain (from Chicago) BAD today!!!

Yep...even though he had some 580" big bower engines I beat that thing real good!

Unfortunately, I was only helping Rich install his Stellings headers and I was "BEATING" his boat----or I should say his tailpipes with a block of wood and a hammer to get them onto the header flanges.

Actually, Rich brought his boat over to Bruce Wolff's shop today to have his newly freshend engines installed in his boat---a pair of 580" supercharged engines that make about 900HP each. I would have to say those are going to be some KAAMA KILLERS for sure. Once we got them installed Wolff had Rich start them up ----and they are definately NASTY sounding! Everyone driving by was staring at the boat while the engines were running as it sat in front of Wolff's shop!

Rich and Bruce were headed over to the BIG PARTY over in Hammond, IN after they were finished with the boat. I wonder how the big party event turned out.

Congrats Rich---those engines look and sound awesome!

Last edited by KAAMA; 10-27-2002 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:23 AM
Registered

Catmando, I know....probably not the best choice of a word I guess---it's been kind of a long day.

I think that is the spelling of Rich's last name but I could be wrong.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

Cat, yes I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the speed goes--103mph for this 42 footer that we worked on yesterday. At least that is the speed that I have been told.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KAAMA,
Rich Obren said you were helping. He never mentioned that you beat his boat. I got to see the pictures at the party. His engines are SWEET! I also talked shop with Bruce for a few minutes. He thinks the 540's are not the way to go with my boat. He said they were too small. This may be an expensive off-season.

The party was a blast! Hope you can make it out here for the next one.

catmando,
If there stock 500's the only way that boat is going 100 is on a trailer!

Dan
Old 10-27-2002, 07:48 PM
1350SC

Mark, thank you for your help yesterday with the exhaust. Wolffie did a great job on the motors again, they both look and sound great. I will splash in the next few days, I just want to make sure that every thing is perfect. I finished almost every little detail today, have to put the mufflers on and we are ready to rock. The final numbers on the horsepower was 938 with big pulleys with 5-6 pounds of boost. Small pulleys HP+? boost=?. Last year we were very close to these numbers and the boat ran 105-106 MPH. We are hoping to see 106-110MPH. I owe you lunch/dinner not for the help with the exhaust but for spelling my last name correctly.

PS: You missed a great COPS party see you soon.

Old 10-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dan,
Please, whatever you do, DO NOT give Bruce any candy. LOL! He's hyper enough Your boat is fine....don't spend any more on one of "those kinds" of boats, they keep dropping prices and screwing up resale as it is!!!

KAAMA,
Which boat it Rich's? Is it Prime Time? I've seen that one there. I drive by Bruce's at least once a week, just wondering if I'll see that 42 you're beating the "pee diddy" out of there.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Count Pat and me in for the water test.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

32fever,
The boat name is Rampage. It is a non-step 42 with side by side engines, speed masters and all the other good stuff!

I told Bruce there was this 32Fever dude I was looking to smoke next year since he smoked me so bad this year. He thinks some N/A 572's would be a good place to start. I guess I need to sell some more candy bars. I like the candy for horsepower idea!

Dan
Old 10-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Rich, not a problem---enjoyed helping you out----just stay on YOUR side of the lake with that thing!

32Fever, Rich brought his boat over from Chi-town the night before to have the engines installed.

"NEXT!" is next---looks like Wolff is about to finish up "NEXT!" (the red 38'Cig with the Donovan 650 cubic inch aluminum blocks).
Old 10-28-2002, 11:47 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Way to go Rich! Man...I guess you were not kidding about splashing that boat before winter. When is the big day? Need a spotter? Sounds like you dynoed the motors. Those babies must sound nasty. Just how I like em.

Mark, do you ever sleep.

Paul

Quick Reply: I beat the peewiminy out of Rich Obren's 42'Fountain today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.