Notices

Dunkirk race

Old 08-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonb26b
I've read from several sources on Facebook that only 3 boats showed up. Wix and Simmons Marine brought their 2 boats. What a terrible turnout. RWO should be embarrassed. I feel bad for the city and fans. It's not a good outlook for Key West or Clearwater. RWO needs to partner up with OPA or something, otherwise they won't be around next year.

We already made plans during the Clearwater race to be elsewhere. Never missed a race since it started here but not showing up this year to see it fail and be mad/sad about it.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

SBI died several seasons ago when john got ill.he ran great races for a very looooong time.
He was set in his ways ,no doubt.

So with sbi really out of the picture its left to OPA p-1.
50 -60 boats per event.If you like p-class racing then this org is for you.

I still would like to see a spec ONLY racing org.
supercat
superv
stock outboard .
Old 08-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

OPA has supercat and class one. Both spec classes. There’s also a cat/outboard class I think is spec. The old svl is a spec class i think it’s called superstock or something now. Plenty of spec classes in OPA. Others are size/speed/engine limited. Very competitive racing all around.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

if that's what the patrons want . well success is at youre door .enjoy
Old 08-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Team Extreme is a 35 Fountain.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like RWO is deleting negative Facebook comments about the race. Hopefully they have a better showing for Clearwater. The rumors are that there was a large purse for each class? How does that work if only one team competed in each class? Do they get the entire purse?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
if that's what the patrons want . well success is at youre door .enjoy
The idea of a spec only series is nice in theory, but the business model closest to what is going on with APBA/OPA/P1 would be NHRA. You have your spec classes as well as levels of sportsman classes (bracket classes) running together to put on a all day show, not just a race or two. Makes it more of a event for the city/town as well as more excitement for the fans. It would be ridiculous to do all the logistics, funding, planning etc.... for a race with 25 boats when you can bring 50.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a sad state of affairs for the Mayor and Council of Dunkirk NY to get sucker punched like this.

They signed an agreement in good faith with RWO and expected to have at least the same boat count or more than the previous year and due to either apathy on the Racer's side or RWO truly doing the wrong things in management of this event, the City ends up looking bad.

Because the average Spectator that saw the social media posts or print ads came to watch a boat race. And what the got was far from that.

I had a NY Buddy of mine do a recon run down there Saturday night and he texted back, "Confirmed, 3 boats in the dry pits, recommend you find something else to do Sunday as this is a non-event"
I hated to read that message but was glad he sent it.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Yep too bad for the City of Dunkirk and Westerners NY. I live about 45 minutes away and one of the mfg plants I used to manage was in Dunkirk. Nice little city and good friendly folks. Also has a nice protected harbor.

Padraig
Old 08-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Team Extreme is a 35 Fountain.
Thanks, I didn't catch the beek. It sure whipped Cigarette Hawk's tail down the final stretch to the checkers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.