Notices

OT/Cock Fighting

Old 11-05-2002, 11:27 AM
DonMan

Well guys I have to admit: I`ve been to one cock fight. It wasn`t particularly entertaining, but I say- To each his own...
It`s like all the other stuff in our world: There is a time and place for it and there are those who are deeply interested in cock fighting. Besides, I don`t know the exact reason for cock fighting, if it is for entertainment or for profit$$$$ There is prize money awarded and when I went, there was a considerable amount of illegal gambling going on.....
Just my .02

Old 11-05-2002, 12:27 PM
catlover

If cock fighting is a tradition deeply rooted in some cultures - thank God I'm not part of THAT culture!

As to the comparison of cock fighting to boating - give me a break! I hope you are just trying to be argumentive and not really trying to make a valid point. I've seen too much intelligence on this board to even consider that one.

Old 11-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by catlover
If cock fighting is a tradition deeply rooted in some cultures - thank God I'm not part of THAT culture! Good for you! That makes two of us.

As to the comparison of cock fighting to boating - give me a break! For the allegorically challenged, it is a way to illustrate that there will be someone, or some group, that can and will dislike just about anything...But I'm glad that we could distinguish a lack of commonality between the two.

I hope you are just trying to be argumentive and not really trying to make a valid point. Argumentative? You Bet! Valid Points? Well, that is undoubtedly in the eye of the one examining the ponderance...They're all valid points. All of the above. No one above has not made valid points. That's the beauty of individuality. One must not necessarily agree with the way the world turns for it to run them over and pass them by

I've seen too much intelligence on this board to even consider that one. One must posess intelligence to recognize it... Perhaps, it's just hasty reading then.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 11-05-2002 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Too Old
We have bigger problems for our goverment and police forces to grapple with than the protection of roosters.
...Exactly!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish they’d get back to the good old fashioned cock fighting, 2 birds in the ring, espolón a espolón. This new crap with the steroid pumped roosters strutting around talking trash before the fight, the fireworks, the pay-per-view, the managers jumping into the ring when the ref’s back is turned and hitting their roosters’ opponent with a folding chair is just plain out of hand. And we know the outcome is predetermined. Is nothing sacred anymore???
Old 11-05-2002, 01:30 PM
wayne

dont know what you people are up to out west but , but im keeping my zipper up !!

Old 11-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LMAO
Old 11-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by catlover
If cock fighting is a tradition deeply rooted in some cultures - thank God I'm not part of THAT culture!

As to the comparison of cock fighting to boating - give me a break! I hope you are just trying to be argumentive and not really trying to make a valid point. I've seen too much intelligence on this board to even consider that one.
Do you really think? Be glad you're not part of that culture but what gives anyone the right to change a deep rooted culture?

Consider this, some old lady loses her husband to a cruiser that wasn't capable of more than 25 mph. So what does she do, she lobbies our legeslature and gets a bill up that will limit all boat traffic to 30 mph in NJ. WHY??? What does a slow cruiser have to do with fast boats???? Why are they going after us? Why instead didn't she pass a law that doesn't allow the use of autopilots in NJ coastal waters since THAT was the problem. "They" will keep taking away your rights if you let them. Today it's your cock, what will it be tomorrow?
Old 11-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

what gives us the right to change a deep rooted culture?

morality for one, things like slavery, marrying at 13, having more than one wife, and alot more are deep rooted in certain cultures yet we outlaw them because of morality.

common sense says that watching two animals fight to the death is just wrong and if you cant see this you have even more problems than you think.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish they’d get back to the good old fashioned cock fighting, 2 birds in the ring, espolón a espolón. This new crap with the steroid pumped roosters strutting around talking trash before the fight, the fireworks, the pay-per-view, the managers jumping into the ring when the ref’s back is turned and hitting their roosters’ opponent with a folding chair is just plain out of hand. And we know the outcome is predetermined. Is nothing sacred anymore???
That is about as funny as the subject matter.
The problem with Cock fighting is that it needs to be done in dark backrooms of bars on the wrong side of the tracks. Not out in the open where people can see and get in trouble for gambling...or worse, get taxed for there winnings!!! We need to keep Cock Fights Hidden, Underground if you will, Like Hookers and Milli Vanilli Fan cubs.....I have already said to much, but I think you will all agree!

Quick Reply: OT/Cock Fighting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.