Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT/Cock Fighting (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36254-ot-cock-fighting.html)

TulsaLarry 11-04-2002 02:41 PM

OT/Cock Fighting

Tomorrow we vote on making Cock Fighting in Oklahoma illegal.

Personally, I have never been to a cock fight and have no desire to do so. I have no real preference on which way to vote other than I may vote against the issue just to piss off PETA and the other tree huggers.

Anyone have anything that should change my mind?

tanned fat looks better 11-04-2002 02:51 PM

Larry,

You know if ya'll fried up them chickens when ya was done what's the difference?

catlover 11-04-2002 02:55 PM

I'm NOT a tree hugger nor a member of PETA, but in my opinion anyone who gets their jollies by watching any animal being totured is SICK, SICK, SICK ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

CigDaze 11-04-2002 02:56 PM

I think it's a stupid waste of legislative resources and ink!
Let the damn cocks go at it! What's the problem? We let two boxers go beat the **** out of eachother, let the chickens fight!

If you don't like it, don't go! [Why don't more people have this attitude?]

-------------------------

You know what we get to vote for here in FL?

Whether or not pigs should be caged up for the duration of their pregnancy...WTF???????? All other pigs are caged...what's the problem...Some stupid knocked-up PETA ***** probably sympathized with a pig one day....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Risk Taker 11-04-2002 03:10 PM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
You know what we get to vote for here in FL?

Whether or not pigs should be caged up for the duration of their pregnancy...WTF???????? All other pigs are caged...what's the problem...Some stupid knocked-up PETA ***** probably sympathized with a pig one day....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well said. I saw the commercial while I was in Ft. Lauderdale last week. They are trying to compare raised pigs (for food) with the family Black Lab.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

cigarette1 11-04-2002 03:47 PM

Cock Fighting

Sounds Gay :eek:

dreamer 11-04-2002 03:52 PM

# of chickens that die each YEAR illegaly in cock fights 1500-2000
# if chickens that die DAILY for food consumption 1,000,000+

Steve 1 11-04-2002 04:05 PM

The Chicken is/was a Jungle Bird and fighting is something it’s ancestors have been doing for thousands of years .So what !:confused:

TulsaLarry 11-04-2002 05:10 PM

"Thanks to the hard work of countless dedicated activists who hit the streets and collected signatures for nearly two years, initiatives to help animals will be on the ballot in Florida, Arkansas, and Oklahoma this year."

"That was the hard part—now comes the easy part. If you are a registered voter in Florida, Arkansas, or Oklahoma, please make sure that you get out and vote “yes” (and encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to do the same) on the following ballot initiatives later this year:"

This is a quote from the PETA web page. Funny, I have heard many times over the past couple of weeks the supporters of the bill say that they have nothing to do with Peta and are not backed by PETA.

You don't think they would lie, do you?

SABER28 11-04-2002 05:18 PM

there is something horribly wrong with us when we sit around and watch and enjoy an animals pain and misery:(