Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
RWO Clearwater and key west >

RWO Clearwater and key west

Notices

RWO Clearwater and key west

Old 08-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

No hope here for a good Clearwater race.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
No hope here for a good Clearwater race.
Zero, which is a shame. The promoter is a great guy and has done an amazing job building that event. Terrible shame he was so badly mislead.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.

Zero, which is a shame. .
Agreed, this location is a great race location with a lot of fans. While I do think it can be a bad display this year I do feel that the area loves it enough that if 2020 can bring back the "glory days" then the area will quickly forget about whatever comes of this year.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

We were already locked into Key West this year before the whole RWO sh!t show. Will be interesting to see boat count and how the whole weekend compares to the past under SBI. How OPA/P1 didn't get that contract is beyond me. Might be my last November KW trip for awhile. If they F up cost/amenities out on the sea wall where we go each race day to view the action I'll be pizzed.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
We were already locked into Key West this year before the whole RWO sh!t show. Will be interesting to see boat count and how the whole weekend compares to the past under SBI. How OPA/P1 didn't get that contract is beyond me. Might be my last November KW trip for awhile. If they F up cost/amenities out on the sea wall where we go each race day to view the action I'll be pizzed.
Same
Old 08-29-2019, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Hope they get Dorian's aftermath cleaned up by November.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was told that all of the Supercat teams voted and they are going to Key West and not Englewood Florida and if this is true you already have fragmentation from the origional 2019 agreements,same crap different year
Old 08-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I was told that all of the Supercat teams voted and they are going to Key West and not Englewood Florida and if this is true you already have fragmentation from the origional 2019 agreements,same crap different year
All I know is I talked to Myrick a week ago at the PBC party and he said they will be there along with some other Super Cat teams. He didn't say if it was all the Super Cat teams. For some reason I got the feeling all wouldn't be there but I didn't ask for clarification.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Would not surprise me at all given the class ringleader who has always managed to make and break commitments for his own self-interest, while convincing others to follow him over the cliff. If it were me, and this vote actually occurred, then that guy’s last race with me would be his last race with me. Someone should remind them that a single catamaran class with 5-7 boats is not a viable stand alone product in the US.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Drama!

We'll be there. I'll let you all know how it goes if you're not going. But it will be coming from a waaaaaaaay outside of racing perspective.

Seriously, I actually dig offshore powerboats, racing, running, watching, etc. and I can't even keep up with this crap. Fragmentations, who's doing what, who gets what race, who's going, who's not...This is why the whole sport is a CLUSTER F*CK. If you can't even hold the interest of someone like me that actually digs it, how the hell does anyone expect someone from outside the bubble (like big sponsors) to take any of this serious? Sorry to say but the offshore races could completely disappear and the key west "worlds week" aka FPC poker run would go on. Someone (nudge, hint, wink Stu) will stand up and put together a shootout, fun runs, street party, etc etc and the party will keep on truckin'. Die hard race fans won't go anymore I guess. Problem is, that's a small group. Offshore racing needs to get their sh!t together, for real. Everyone needs to sit at the table and unite and figure this crap out once and for all. Too many egos, too much greed, too much BULLSH!T!

Ok, rant over. sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.