Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Where are you located?
Southern New Hampshire
Old 09-03-2019, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Your insurance might require a survey by a S.A.M s certified surveyor, ask for the surveyors credentials.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

I cannot stress enough doing research on a surveyor, ask for a sample report to see how the finished product will look. Lots of pics help. Since your in NH is there a chance you boat may have seen some salt water action ? If so the ballgame changes IMO. I pulled my Cig out of the salt in Fla back in June. While the boat is in great shape overall I had issues with the survey with respect to how it was reported or lack thereof and what I actually saw when the boat was delivered. Ray Charles could have made a better report and the surveyor was supposedly very good. I would have liked to have seen the boat in person but a broken leg n ankle didn't allow. Had a better survey been provided it would have allowed for more negotiation and/or getting a few items fixed before the boat was delivered. Regards
Old 09-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
I cannot stress enough doing research on a surveyor, ask for a sample report to see how the finished product will look. Lots of pics help. Since your in NH is there a chance you boat may have seen some salt water action ? If so the ballgame changes IMO. I pulled my Cig out of the salt in Fla back in June. While the boat is in great shape overall I had issues with the survey with respect to how it was reported or lack thereof and what I actually saw when the boat was delivered. Ray Charles could have made a better report and the surveyor was supposedly very good. I would have liked to have seen the boat in person but a broken leg n ankle didn't allow. Had a better survey been provided it would have allowed for more negotiation and/or getting a few items fixed before the boat was delivered. Regards
Thanks for the reply. The boat was fresh water only.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hire a NAMS or SAMS certified surveyor. There are different types of surveys ( insurance, purchase, value etc...) On a purchase survey everything is ala cart. No surveys
"include" leak downs or compression tests.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say if you're on a river just get a raft,leave the offshore boats to the men who use them in the ocean like they're meant to be used,every time i hear river or lake i laugh and remember jon reep and his river skit