Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Havasu first timer... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36275-lake-havasu-first-timer.html)

Bayley 11-04-2002 06:37 PM

Lake Havasu first timer...

I’ll be in Las Vegas this week for the SEMA convention and was contemplating taking a drive down to the Lake Havasu area on Saturday. Was wondering where I should even begin looking to check out some of the scene. Is it even worth while if I’ll be stuck on land all day? Any advice / comments appreciated.

-Bayley

Quality Time 11-04-2002 07:40 PM

Bayley,

Just head into the City of Lake Havasu. This time of the year it is pretty dead unless you like blue haired snowbirds.

Sydwayz 11-04-2002 08:12 PM

Yeah, head right into Lake Havasu City, AZ. Check out the London Bridge area, and the channel. You can see where everyone nornally hangs out. You can even rent skiis, maybe a boat, to see part of the lake. It really is a pretty place.

Uncle Toys 11-04-2002 08:24 PM

Tough time of the year to get a flavor for Havasu.

It takes approximately two hours to drive from Vegas to the London Bridge. If you go I would suggest starting at the Bridge. What ever action remains, will probably be at the Bridge channel. Also, there is a tourist information center within a hundred yards north of the Bridge. Decent place to go your first time – lots of info and pictures. Then, about 50 yards south of the Bridge is a shop by the name of Stevo’s. If you look above Stevo’s there is a photo shop. Climb the stairs and check out their picture posters of past holiday weekends. That should give you a basic overview.

If you have the time and inclination, you could drive over to the Nautical Inn and rent a boat. If you do rent, stay on the lake. Navigating up river this time of year takes experience. On the lake you can check out the Bridge channel which during the boating season is THE place to see and be seen! Then you could head south and check out Copper Cayon. This is where MTV’s Spring Break specials were filmed - basically putting Havasu on the map.

At the end of the day you will want to go to Cocomos (sp ?). A night club just south of the Bridge.

After that – head back to Vegas!

Quality Time 11-05-2002 12:00 AM

I believe Kokomos is closed this time of year.:mad:

Bayley 11-05-2002 05:56 AM

Thanks guys,
Three times now I've "coasted" by the area without stopping in and checking it out. I figure I owe it to myself to stop in and at least see what the area looks like. It sounds like if doesn't appear to be a good day, I'll just stay up in Vegas. I think there is plenty of potential trouble up there for me already.

Thanks again,
-Bayley