APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West >

APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West

Notices

APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West

Old 09-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Mike can you please start to run the program again it has gone down hill since you were involved
I miss those days with the large factory I and II classes. I don't think we will ever see anything like that again. Guess I am showing my age.

Padraig
Old 09-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all started when RWO was awarded Key West...if it went to OPA, there would only be one. I hope they can realize what's best for the future and join forces for 2020. The teams are there...get organized!
Old 09-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I miss those days with the large factory I and II classes. I don't think we will ever see anything like that again. Guess I am showing my age.

Padraig
absolute best racing since the 80’s. Huge fleets in multiple classes but the factory classes were really really large. Great racing action.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If boats show up and race key West it will do nothing but foster rwo' s attempt to fracture the sport and provide them with more ammunition for next year if it's a low single.digit turnout, two is done and. Everyone will race under one unified org.next year. It's that simple.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
LOL if you are waiting for that to happen you may never race. Suck it up and just do it because you love it.
hahahaha. Nah, I didn’t mean interested as a racing. Entertained that for about half a second with a buddy a bunch of years ago. That’s just a hole to throw money into. Lol. I meant interested as a spectator. This sh*t show is so f*cked up it turns even those that would be interested in watching off. My point was even as a spectator it’s Hard to be super interested when you can’t keep up with the drama.

Last edited by thisistank; 09-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate to say it but some of the racers are part of the problem they dont care what is best as a whole it is more about them and there EGO
Old 09-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I hate to say it but some of the racers are part of the problem they dont care what is best as a whole it is more about them and there EGO
I agree there are a FEW. It has been my experience over the years that MOST don't have big ego's. I see these people constantly helping others and being very charitable. It drives me nuts when I read post about racers ego's.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I agree there are a FEW. It has been my experience over the years that MOST don't have big ego's. I see these people constantly helping others and being very charitable. It drives me nuts when I read post about racers ego's.
I have met and know a lot of racers.and 99 % are cool down to earth guys... I think the ego problem is higher up..bigger better way to reinvent the wheel wannabe offshore saviour get rich quick big man on campus fetish, promoter gods who care more about their pet projects than the sport as a whole,,,,
Old 09-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I could not agree with you more. From big-buck to lunch-bucket, most of the racers I know well—and that's a bunch of them—are incredibly cool and supportive of one another, especially within their own classes. I see exactly what you see, Randy.

Of course, there are exceptions. Every sport (and every business) has its Darth Vaders. But most offshore racers are down to earth and gracious.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Silly questions but......

If you are unhappy with RWO and/or APBA, were you happy with SBI over the past few years?

Wonder how this year would have went if RWO never existed and SBI continued similar to past years?

Would OPA be as successful as they have been so far this season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.