APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West >

APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West

Notices

APBA Confirms Sanctions For Race World Offshore In Clearwater And Key West

Old 09-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
While OPA retains the exclusive APBA sanctioning rights for races in the Northeast, I don't believe that any of the APBA clubs (RWO, P1 or OPA) have "exclusive" sanctioning rights in the Southeast. That means, per your question, that Englewood Beach—assuming OPA runs it under an APBA sanction—is an APBA-sanctioned race (sorry for the redundancy) and therefore applicable to APBA's internal High Points Championship.

But also worth noting: Englewood is not part of the current six-race series being produced by OPA and Powerboat P1—it is a stand-alone OPA event. I don't think P1 has any involvement with that event.
From a fans perspective, errr a non-fan's perspective, to paraphrase a former Prime Minister: In the field of human racing, never have so many, cared so little, about so few.

It's too bad that you cannot put all of the principals into one room and no one be allowed out until there was just one viable series.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

What a cluster f*ck!

I have no clue what this all means...And frankly, don't care. Which, as I stated on another thread, is sad because I'm actually someone that would be interested in this sport if they could pull their heads out.

Whatever, see you in Key West for what is arguably (yes, I know, LOTO shootout rivals) the largest performance boating party in the world.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again APBA screws up a good thing by being ignorant, stupid, and disloyal. In case anyone wondered why boat racing has remained a 10th tier sport for the past 30 years, look no further than APBA and the imbeciles who run it. There is no benefit to being affiliated with APBA and hasn’t been for decades. Even the UIM connection is worthless, especially since UIM no longer has an offshore racing circuit. Disgusted.����
Old 09-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
From a fans perspective, errr a non-fan's perspective, to paraphrase a former Prime Minister: In the field of human racing, never have so many, cared so little, about so few.

It's too bad that you cannot put all of the principals into one room and no one be allowed out until there was just one viable series.
There is only one viable series.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike A.
There is no benefit to being affiliated with APBA and hasn’t been for decades.
Mike, I beg to differ. You get a membership card and a sticker and Propeller Magazine. lol

While I am proud to be in the APBA Hall of Champions, I'm not sure that it is worth it to put up with the poor decision making at APBA HQ regarding offshore so that our teams are eligible in the future.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Im sorry Matt I must have not worded my questions correctly.
1. What is APBA's function to offshore racing?
2. Why do race org's feel they need to pay to be apart of it?

I was once told its about credibility. That they over see rules and points. I also heard they provide less expensive insurance for an event.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sbracing
Mike, I beg to differ. You get a membership card and a sticker and Propeller Magazine. lol

While I am proud to be in the APBA Hall of Champions, I'm not sure that it is worth it to put up with the poor decision making at APBA HQ regarding offshore so that our teams are eligible in the future.
APBA really screwed its offshore members this time. They made a good deal with Smitty, who brought his loyal following from OPA to revitalize a category that had been comatose for 15 years, and then they pulled this garbage. What is wrong with these idiots? Do they not see it? Do they not comprehend how despicable they acted here? Just look at the various threads on social media, or better yet, look at what RWO is doing to create confusion and unrest. Morons.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Im sorry Matt I must have not worded my questions correctly.
1. What is APBA's function to offshore racing?
2. Why do race org's feel they need to pay to be apart of it?

I was once told its about credibility. That they over see rules and points. I also heard they provide less expensive insurance for an event.
They don’t oversee rules and Felsen provides the insurance for everyone. As for credibility, yeah, no. For the past 20 years or so offshore leaders have basically viewed APBA as a charity worth helping. It’s the only charity that bites. No good deed and all that. Worthless.

Last edited by Mike A.; 09-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Registered

APBA is full of $hit. They absolutely did not have to grant those sanctions. By doing so, they betrayed their partners and their members. Nauseating.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

The glory days past were during an era of rich guys, celebrities, drug dealers and their money that came and went (some to prison) and everyone is old now. Basically the same crowd kept IMSA alive for years. Offshore racing now is a odd combination of sanction bodies to include APBA/P1/OPA/RACEWORLD and previously OSS/SBI that confuses even the entrants. Can you imagine Ben Kramers and a few business associates reaction to the current organizational set up ? Guessing some people would be found in the Everglades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.