Michael Peters designed race boats >

Michael Peters designed race boats

Notices

Michael Peters designed race boats

Old 10-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MIskier

Both of the Platinums were designed by MPYD. I was lucky enough to spend 5 years working for Mike can confirm both of the platinums are part of their design archive.
OK. i have always understood that the Platinums were based on the 43ft Tencara just like the 50ft Mystic was, but you probably know more about the matter than what i do.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Registered

BTW, does anyone still believes that "Naval architect" John Cosker designed the Mystic C5000? lol
Old 10-05-2019, 04:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
"............I know that Mike Peters designed a boat for australian offshore racer Steve Ackerie in the mid 90`s and this boat was built at Ackerie`s worskshop, but i cant find any pictures of that boat.
I think Stefan Ackerie's first boat was a Cigarette "Stefan Shampoo" which gave him success down under then he switched to a cat, "Jaeger". I think it was that boat that caught fire and was demolished.

He had a couple of boats after "L'Oréal" first then just "Stefan". At a guess, it's one of these later boats that was the Peters deign.

A couple of pics from the web......

Last edited by rak rua; 10-05-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua

I think Stefan Ackerie's first boat was a Cigarette "Stefan Shampoo" which gave him success down under then he switched to a cat, "Jaeger". I think it was that boat that caught fire and was demolished.

He had a couple of boats after "L'Oréal" first then just "Stefan". At a guess, it's one of these later boats that was the Peters deign.

I dont know wich boat it was i have only heard that Mike Peters designed a boat for Steve Ackerie and that this boat was apparently built at Ackerie`s workshop in Australia. But none of these boats looks like a Mike Peters design did Ackerie have any other boats?
Old 11-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
the Riviera could have been a maritimo built Michael Peters design. they had both their own built as well as a victory built race boat
This is how the MP-designed Tencara (Spirit of Norway/Riviera/Maritimo) looks like today, the boat is still owned by Bill Barry Cotter. Not bad for a 23 year old boat.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Though not a raceboat, the Alpha Z is (my opinion) not just the most breathtaking boat Michael Peters (I wrote a profile of him years ago and got to know him a bit) ever designed, but one of the most breathtaking "go-fast" boats ever designed, period.

Worth a look, https://www.vandamboats.com/exotic-c...d-performance/.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 11-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dykstra (03-10-2020), Smarty (05-27-2020)
Old 11-17-2019, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Though not a raceboat, the Alpha Z is (my opinion) not just the most breathtaking boat Michael Peters (I wrote a profile of him years ago and got to know him a bit) ever designed, but one of the most breathtaking "go-fast" boats ever designed, period.

Awesome looking boat, I would love to own one.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua

I was wrong, it was italian Brunello Acompora who designed "Jaeger" and not Mike Peters for Steve Ackerie. I also found out that the boat at the bottom was designed by Bill Barry Cotter and built inhouse at the Riviera shop in Australia.

Last edited by Joestlaachmkr; 03-09-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

A little late reply but.. You are absolutely right, the Alpha Z is a stunning boat. Mike Peters is an a class of his own.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
I was wrong, it was italian Brunello Acompora who designed "Jaeger" and not Mike Peters for Steve Ackerie. I also found out that the boat at the bottom was designed by Bill Barry Cotter and built inhouse at the Riviera shop in Australia.
A picture of the Stefan boat from when Bill Barry Cotter owned it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.