Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are there still two races this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/363071-there-still-two-races-weekend.html)

Nate5.0 09-28-2019 09:36 AM

Few boats out there. Not a dead as I thought but also not as busy as the races before RWO

Crude Intentions 09-28-2019 10:28 AM

14 boats is what is being reported. That’s horrible

low_psi 09-28-2019 11:00 AM

I believe, Clearwater was originally on the OPA schedule as the site/date for their APBA/P1/OPA championship. So the people of Clearwater would have had 70+ boats. Instead, they decided to kick opa aside for RWO and the people of Clearwater get 14 boats. Instead OPA is in Ocean City MD and will have 2x-3x as many boats, even though it’s just an OPA (non-APBA/P1 race) and in 2 weeks OPA will be in Ft Myers with 70+ boats for their championship race. Looks like that was a great decision for everyone involved.

Clarification: I didn’t mean to imply the people of Clearwater made the decision to go with RWO. The “they” are was referring to were the people that were involved in that decision. Unfortunately the people of Clearwater got screwed out of what could have been a great event.

Crude Intentions 09-28-2019 11:37 AM

I’m ready for the Ft Myers race.

Nate5.0 09-28-2019 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 4708275)
I believe, Clearwater was originally on the OPA schedule as the site/date for their APBA/P1/OPA championship. So the people of Clearwater would have had 70+ boats. Instead, they decided to kick opa aside for RWO and the people of Clearwater get 14 boats. Instead OPA is in Ocean City MD and will have 2x-3x as many boats, even though it’s just an OPA (non-APBA/P1 race) and in 2 weeks OPA will be in Ft Myers with 70+ boats for their championship race. Looks like that was a great decision for everyone involved.

The people of Clearwater? Get the f*ck out of here with that horrible comment.

I think you meant to say the one man who over see's the races here Frank Chivas who went with RWO. There was no poll voting or say for us that live here on what organization comes here..

luke81 09-28-2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4708282)
The people of Clearwater? Get the f*ck out of here with that horrible comment.

I think you meant to say the one man who over see's the races here Frank Chivas who went with RWO. There was no poll voting or say for us that live here on what organization comes here..

I was thinking that same thing. The people, the fans got no say in this at all. There had to be some reason Chivas went this way, but I can't fathom what it was. So instead of going out to watch the races like usual we're going to put in the bay and run up to Tampa for lunch tomorrow.

low_psi 09-28-2019 01:17 PM

Yeah, I didn’t mean for it to sound like the people of Clearwater made the decision. The “they” I was referring to were the people that made the decision to go with RWO. I know the citizens had no say in it. Bad sentence placement...

phragle 09-28-2019 01:56 PM

The people of Clearwater have been Dunkirked !! And without a kiss first, a reach around or KY either....

klaatutooyou 09-28-2019 02:31 PM

Don't worry Any who race with opa and attend the clearwater race will be punished.
the new dictator will demand vengeance for dis obedience LOL.

Jonb26b 09-28-2019 02:51 PM

Ouch only 14 boats. I was for sure at least expecting 30+ for this race. It stinks for the fans at the OPA race this weekend that will be missing out on teams like WHM, M-Con and performance boat center Jimmy John's. Too bad all of the teams can't be together for one race. I hate when 2 different organizations put races on the same day. It hurts the fans who come to see ALL of the teams show up instead of having to split up.