A sad ending to a great boat >

A sad ending to a great boat

Notices

A sad ending to a great boat

Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Quinlan;4709953]What ever happened to the big azz V he built? I remember it running LOTO early 2000s. Beast[/https://www.lyonauction.com/blog/art...n-kissimmee-fl
Old 10-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I think its personally pretty classless to criticize someone on a forum based on information you're not personally privy too in depth. Second hand info, "what you heard", etc. isn't exactly the facts. I'm guessing you've never actually had a conversation with Cosker. If you had, you'd never use the word "classless" to describe him. One of the most approachable, laid back, cool mo-fo's you'll ever meet. Come on down to the tree bar in Key West during the worlds / poker run in November and tell him how classless he is for whatever reason. I can tell you, it wouldn't be the first time some hater sat there and talked sh!t not knowing they were talking sh!t to the very guy that built the boat they're talking sh!t about. But you'd never known it, cool as always, John just let the guy talk, never saying a word. But that's another story and a hilarious one at that. But if you really wanted to know the history of Callen, where the inspiration for the Mystics came from, why he chose not to repair certain boats, etc. he just might tell you if the timings right. He's not one to toot his own horn but catch him at the right time, say over dinner, he just may tell you personally all about it.

Last edited by thisistank; 10-09-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I think its personally pretty classless to criticize someone on a forum based on information you're not personally privy too in depth. Second hand info, "what you heard", etc. isn't exactly the facts. I'm guessing you've never actually had a conversation with Cosker. If you had, you'd never use the word "classless" to describe him. One of the most approachable, laid back, cool mo-fo's you'll ever meet. Come on down to the tree bar in Key West during the worlds / poker run in November and tell him how classless he is for whatever reason. I can tell you, it wouldn't be the first time some hater sat there and talked sh!t not knowing they were talking sh!t to the very guy that built the boat they're talking sh!t about. But you'd never known it, cool as always, John just let the guy talk, never saying a word. But that's another story and a hilarious one at that. But if you really wanted to know the history of Callen, where the inspiration for the Mystics came from, why he chose not to repair certain boats, etc. he just might tell you if the timings right. He's not one to toot his own horn but catch him at the right time, say over dinner, he just may tell you personally all about it.
I think this is Darr trolling:

1. Goofy screen name...........check
2. Instant knowledge.............check
3. Off the wall comments.......check
4. Misspellings.......................check
Old 10-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I was actually thinking the same thing. But even so, not gonna just sit back and read someone bashing a guy for no reason that I'm glad to call a friend.

Last edited by thisistank; 10-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

I was actually thinking the same thing. But even so, not gonna just sit back and read someone bashing a guy I'm glad to call a friend.
Why not? Me and Jason let each other bash you on the regular. lol
Old 10-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Why not? Me and Jason let each other bash you on the regular. lol
I said friend dude...Come on.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John Cosker seems like a genuinely nice guy from what i have/read eventhough i have never had pleasure of meeting him, thing is most people within the boat industry were not impressed by Cosker when he claimed the Mystic C5000 was his own design and denied it was a scan of the Tencara and i would not have liked to be one of his customers given how he handled the whole JBS-saga.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Registered

I`m certainly not trolling. The reason as to why i started this thread was because i hate seeing great boats like this one in such conditions and i just wanted to share it, there`s lots of history to this boat.

Last edited by Joestlaachmkr; 10-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
I`m certainly not trolling. The reason as to why i started this thread was because i hate seeing great boats like this one in such conditions and i just wanted to share it, there`s lots of history to this boat.
So you admit to "not trolling" but you don't deny you are Jim Darr?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Registered

So you admit to "not trolling" but you don't deny you are Jim Darr?
Yeah, whatever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.