Notices

Do you sit or stand......

Old 10-10-2019, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Do you sit or stand......

No not to pee lol

I'm talking about when driving your water toy...I see all these fast cats and such with sit down seating and I can't imagine going that fast sitting down. I will cruise in mine 50 or so in flat water but any roughness or faster speeds I like to be standing to let my legs take some of the shock instead of my back lol.

So lets hear it....do you prefer sitting or standing and for you guys with stupid fast sit down boats how bad is it on your back?

This is meant to be a fun little discussion opinion thread so let's leave drama at the door please lol
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

While not super fast, I feel that I have much better control of the boat sitting down.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

At 20 yrs old I preferred to stand.... at 58 and fat... give me a seat any day of the week.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 71, run a 28 Skater, and if I read the water/wave wrong ... it hurts. ;-)

p.s. if I'm on my game, no hurt, big fun. :-)
Old 10-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I always stand I just feel like I can read the water better and have a better view the other boat traffic. Think I sat down one time last summer on a long run down the lake but the water was calm and just cruising along about 50mph.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the right seats, sitting is my choice.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

Are there suspension systems in some of these sit down boats? I would have to think that a boast designed to be a sit down boat would have better seating than a piece of plywood with foam on it like the bolsters in my boat lol

I agree with the standing for a better view point...I have a very canted dark windshield on my boat which you can not see sh!t through so if you want to see standing is about your only choice lol
Old 10-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sit & Stand just cruising speeds, but always stand when I'm running hard...
Can see better when standing & can make better decisions because of it.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Last summer my son and I went out to lake Michigan for a nice run from South Haven to Holland. We don't have a performance boat (226 Cobalt 7.4 MPI Bravo 3). The lake had a pretty good chop - the seats in our Cobalt are what I call a sit/squat in which you can flip up a portion of the bottom cushion and sort of stand. We rode with these up for a while and then finally stood up. After a little longer my son and I both agreed that the ride was much smoother with us just sitting down. Just so you know the kill switch strap is ALWAYS on our wrists when we are on the big lake !

I think that all of this depends on the boat, waves and the "riders". Regardless - just being on the water is what it is all about.

Spring 2020 can't come fast enough!!!

3pointstar
Old 10-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

In 1992 I converted my 28 Magnum to sit down configuration. It was super comfortable and It gave you a very secure feeling, compared to standing, in a boat with relatively low freeboard. I would always find myself wanting to stand up to get a better read of the oncoming seas when running in the rough stuff. I still feel you have the most control of your body when on your feet so that's how I prefer to run. W

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.