Notices

Ft Myers

Old 10-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ft Myers

Was in Ft Myers Thur Fri Sat. Went to the street party, race pits and races today. Had a great time ! OPA did an excellent job. Been to key west a few years ago for the worlds and thought this was just as good. Counted about 60 to 65 total boats racing in all classes. Beaches, restaurants and bars were packed. A lot more actual race fans present than I expected. Will definitely go next year.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah. Tim did a great job with this one. Smitty said in the drivers meeting there were 69 there.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 14 Posts

Are there any offshore powerboat dealers in Ft Myers?
Old 10-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I know Nor Tech is there, think Cape Coral
Old 10-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

We went also, put the boat in on Thursday & pulled out on Sunday. Our first offshore race, pretty neat. We watched from the water as they hoisted race boats in & out along with watching them run on Fri & sat. As far as performance dealers, isn't offshore performance the go to prove in fort Myers ? I have dealt with them for parts for my Top Gun & my Fountain.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smashm
We went also, put the boat in on Thursday & pulled out on Sunday. Our first offshore race, pretty neat. We watched from the water as they hoisted race boats in & out along with watching them run on Fri & sat. As far as performance dealers, isn't offshore performance the go to prove in fort Myers ? I have dealt with them for parts for my Top Gun & my Fountain.
if you still have the 47 I saw it near the pits. Good looking boat man. Those things are huge. I had the all white 35. Was a paceboat.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Registered

There’s dealers. Nortech is a manufacturer. Some cape and some ft Myers facilities but they do mostly the CCs at the moment. Sutphen was in cape but Ritchie passed away and I’m not sure if they’re doing anything anymore. I really enjoyed stopping by and talking to him. A couple of parts places offshore being one that’s Donnie Carter he has most of the inventory. Daryl at HRE is a top notch engine builder.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions

if you still have the 47 I saw it near the pits. Good looking boat man. Those things are huge. I had the all white 35. Was a paceboat.
Thank you for the compliment. Yes, it is huge. We call it the pig. But, it has all of the comforts of home.