Notices

What happened to Mystic?

Old 10-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

the race hulls did their job ….advertisement.
now the brand is known and works on volume.
good buisiness
Old 10-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
I'm sure Victory filled the void of mystic if their was one.
Sure, but are Victory Team building boats for offshore racing today? i know they still make the Ocke Mannerfelt designed 32 cats but i dont think they have made a bigger cat for something like 10 years, Mike Peters are not hired by Victory anymore, and their boats are being built in Dubai.

Last edited by Joestlaachmkr; 10-13-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate your thoughts about Mystic race boats. We enjoyed building some great boats Longlite / Miss Geico, Bud Select / Bud Light / Nauti Marine, Cintron, Aqua Mania, Low Altitude, My Way, Spirit of Qatar, Envy, not a shabby list. If we had delivered all of the new extreme race boats last year we would have delivered zero boats. We will deliver nearly 30 center consoles and outboard cats this year and a lot of the guys who built the old race boats are still at Mystic every day building our new products. We haven't forgotten about our racing heritage we rely on it every day to help in the sales of our outboard center consoles and cats. We still stand on the fact that we have built a majority of the fastest offshore cats in the world and I still personally climb into a 50 Mystic and race it every year albeit 3/4 mile at a time. I love our racing heritage and hope someday to return to it but our focus in the last few years has been to build a new model line and a strong business model that our owners, fans and our Mystic family can be proud of and it has paid off. Racing is a fickle beast with a lot more ardent fans than benefactors, Mystic is a business first but our hearts are in speed and efficiency and if the opportunity presents itself we would love to jump back in. Keep in touch. jc
Old 10-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic
I appreciate your thoughts about Mystic race boats. We enjoyed building some great boats Longlite / Miss Geico, Bud Select / Bud Light / Nauti Marine, Cintron, Aqua Mania, Low Altitude, My Way, Spirit of Qatar, Envy, not a shabby list. If we had delivered all of the new extreme race boats last year we would have delivered zero boats. We will deliver nearly 30 center consoles and outboard cats this year and a lot of the guys who built the old race boats are still at Mystic every day building our new products. We haven't forgotten about our racing heritage we rely on it every day to help in the sales of our outboard center consoles and cats. We still stand on the fact that we have built a majority of the fastest offshore cats in the world and I still personally climb into a 50 Mystic and race it every year albeit 3/4 mile at a time. I love our racing heritage and hope someday to return to it but our focus in the last few years has been to build a new model line and a strong business model that our owners, fans and our Mystic family can be proud of and it has paid off. Racing is a fickle beast with a lot more ardent fans than benefactors, Mystic is a business first but our hearts are in speed and efficiency and if the opportunity presents itself we would love to jump back in. Keep in touch. jc
Right on Cosker. Makes sense to every sensible member on here, but it'll make no sense to the senseless troll the OP has become. Other than invoking some classic offshore racing photos. Who knows what his hard on for Mystic is? He's probably on your site right now wishing he could afford some Mystic swag even, such as a sweatshirt or whatnot.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once offshore racing transitions into homologated outboard models, like how we originally developed Supercat, I think you’ll see Mystic and the other manufacturers gravitate back to the sport. Homologated race boats built on a company’s pleasure platform, that use readily available power that the consumer market can relate to, is a very marketable platform.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
Right on Cosker. Makes sense to every sensible member on here, but it'll make no sense to the senseless troll the OP has become. Other than invoking some classic offshore racing photos. Who knows what his hard on for Mystic is? He's probably on your site right now wishing he could afford some Mystic swag even, such as a sweatshirt or whatnot.

It is Jim Darr.........search his name on OSO and you will get a ton of goofy threads.

Goofy screen name.........check
Question........followed by instant knowledge like he answered it himself.............check
Bad sentence structure/spelling.......................................... ...................................check
Name dropping.......................................... .................................................. ...........check
Old 10-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
Whatever happened to Mystic in racing after the C5000? the 40 Mystic that was supposed to be next big thing in offshore racing has never hit the water and i guess the 40 eventually became the C3800 pleasure boat, Mystic went from nothing to big with the C5000 and then back to nothing again. So what happened with Mystic in racing?

EDIT: This is not meant to bash Mystic and/or John Cosker, i`m just curious as to why they don`t have made another great racing cat since the C5000.
Coincidentally, I was in a Mystic C5000 this weekend, doing some testing.... Thanks Chris and John, it was AWESOME!

Cockpit with A/C!

Man, this is going to be FUN!