Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’ >

Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’

Notices

Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’

Old 10-23-2019, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by erik1976
I priced Manning, Myco and Broward for my new 39 Nortech. Broward and Myco were the same price, Manning $1000 less. Myco is a stones throw up the road from my house in Cape Coral so I went with Myco. Broward was still calling me asking be to switch to them and send a deposit a little over a month ago...
Geez, talk about dodging a bullet.......
Nice call!
Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by erik1976
I priced Manning, Myco and Broward for my new 39 Nortech. Broward and Myco were the same price, Manning $1000 less. Myco is a stones throw up the road from my house in Cape Coral so I went with Myco. Broward was still calling me asking be to switch to them and send a deposit a little over a month ago...
They did the same thing with me 6 months ago. I did the same thing as you, priced all three plus Evolution and went with Myco because of their rep and they were right around the corner from Innovation. After I put my deposit, Broward contacted me and said they would drop the price 2K. Told them they were too late, thank goodness! Love my Myco!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Question is were they trying to get cash to get out of a bind or were they intentionally trying to get deposits and run with the cash?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Question is were they trying to get cash to get out of a bind or were they intentionally trying to get deposits and run with the cash?
I'd like to think it was to get out of a bind. But if they didn't fix what got them in a bind in the first place what's the use? I mean the guy had a plenty of business so there's obviously and underlying problem somewhere.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

My guess is that the problem is they were the same price as myco. They seemed to have a nice trailer but at even close to the same cost i would go with a MYCO first
Old 10-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
I swear I had just read on this site that Broward was now an official sponsor of OSO??
That was in April 2018.
I told him that he must purchase a Commercial Membership if he wanted to post info about his company and he complied.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I consider myself very lucky, I have been shopping a trailer for a CC I'm having built and just got a quote from Jim on Oct. 2. I was in Hialeah looking at my boat on Oct. 7 and went by their address and it didn't look like an active shop. It looked like they built a nice trailer and Jim seemed professional on the phone, I hope it works out for the members involved.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:29 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
I'd like to think it was to get out of a bind. But if they didn't fix what got them in a bind in the first place what's the use? I mean the guy had a plenty of business so there's obviously and underlying problem somewhere.
I guess.

But if you are in a bind and screw someone, why is it different than if you aren't in a bind and screw someone for the same amt ?

I took over a shop (just lease for land/building) from landlord that had someone that was in a bind and screwing people. Most customers felt bad for him even if taken for $$$$. If I called them for extra $$$$ because of extra issues I'd be told that since they got screwed from the previous guy/business they had no money even for the original quote and I was being an azzhole and every other expelective. Up here in northern New England rust runs rampant and even some 'simple' jobs turn ugly quick. If I asked about the 'thief' many would reply, 'Oh, that was sad. Hope he will be okay." Huh ? Jeez.

Guess sometimes it pays to be the 'victim' just like a lot of society has learned I guess.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I don’t know any details other than here-say but it sounds like the typical marine industry business that starts out with the best intentions and not enough money behind them to cover what they get into. Before you know it, rob Peter to pay Paul, or get the next deposit to finish the last trailer.

Its sad that reading things like this just scream at me the opportunity that exists in the marine industry that I don’t want to touch with a ten foot pole.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tmmii

I don’t know any details other than here-say but it sounds like the typical marine industry business that starts out with the best intentions and not enough money behind them to cover what they get into. Before you know it, rob Peter to pay Paul, or get the next deposit to finish the last trailer.

Its sad that reading things like this just scream at me the opportunity that exists in the marine industry that I don’t want to touch with a ten foot pole.
I called MYCO about some parts yesterday and they couldn’t accommodate a simple request to weld an extra bracket onto an on the shelf part (which I totally understand) because they are so busy building trailers.

Makes me want to get back in the trailer business again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.