Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’ >

Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’

Notices

Troubled Broward Trailers ‘Evaluating Options’

Old 10-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii

I don’t know any details other than here-say but it sounds like the typical marine industry business that starts out with the best intentions and not enough money behind them to cover what they get into. Before you know it, rob Peter to pay Paul, or get the next deposit to finish the last trailer.

Its sad that reading things like this just scream at me the opportunity that exists in the marine industry that I don’t want to touch with a ten foot pole.
Well said , not to mention I have very similar feelings / tenancies!
Old 10-24-2019, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
I don't see how he could do anything other than remain solvent considering the prices he charged. I owned a trailer mfg business for 12 years so I know what it costs to build trailers. Broward's profit margin was at least 200% and probably closer to 300%.
I was thinking the same thing, with a $18k deposits, there shouldn’t be a cash flow problem to buy materials and pay the bills...
Old 10-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
A south Florida boat business that is shady,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Shocking
Right!? Between Broward, Coastal Marine Export, Ritchey Rich...I don’t think I’m doing business with anyone in the marine field in south Florida...
Old 10-24-2019, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44

Right!? Between Broward, Coastal Marine Export, Ritchey Rich...I don’t think I’m doing business with anyone in the marine field in south Florida...
1 place in pompano I wouldn’t think twice about leaving a credit card on file. Other than that, very unlikely.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

As much as I agree with this as Im one of the ones that got burned by Richy. there are still good shops, but they aren't on here shooting their mouths off. usually they are the ones too busy to be on here and quietly are taking care of business. that being said there are just as many bad customers as there are bad businesses... my advice is always be the client that you would to service. be direct and honest, you wont get every sale as a business and as a consumer you may not get what you want(price) but good shops charge what they do for a reason.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

I was thinking the same thing, with a $18k deposits, there shouldn’t be a cash flow problem to buy materials and pay the bills...
I have no idea on this one but it wouldn't be the first business to have a sudden influx of success to go on a spending spree personal and business side (new SOTA equipment "to improve production", new truck or 3, new address, few toys at home) and then the bills start coming in hot and heavy
Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
I have no idea on this one but it wouldn't be the first business to have a sudden influx of success to go on a spending spree personal and business side (new SOTA equipment "to improve production", new truck or 3, new address, few toys at home) and then the bills start coming in hot and heavy
Exactly.
Slow and steady wins the long race.
Spending money that you “think” is coming in the future is certain doom.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker

Exactly.
Slow and steady wins the long race.
Spending money that you “think” is coming in the future is certain doom.
Agreed but sometimes one gets in a cash flow bind especially if they are having to give their regular customers (like boat manufacturers) payment terms of 60, 90 or even 120 days.
So your best steady eddy repeat customer that you cater to also has the leanest margin & best payment terms.
If you don't have a credit line or you've already tapped into it, what are your options?
1- drum up more business to create cash
2- take on an investor (easier said than done)

So as you pound the pavement ISO new business to keep the place afloat another buyer strings you out and so you see it can easily become a domino affect when you are already teetering on the edge

I'm not making excuses for anyone & I side w/ those that have gotten burned b/c I too have been burned in both the marine & housing industry.

I just don't think that when companies like Broward go belly up that it's blatant where the owner is knowingly taking deposits w/ a premeditated escape plan to take the $$ and run then kickback on the beach drinking a Corona..
I have noticed that some of the smartest people I work with who engineer and design ingenious parts are not the best business people even when it comes to managing their own money / benefits.

If Broward installed the best bilge pump on the market rated at 50gph to try to fend off the cashflow issue but their company is taking on 75gph of debt it's not going to matter & it's just a matter of time.

Hoping those caught in the middle get something out of it, whether it be an unfinished trailer, $$, equipment whatever.

Last edited by NASCAT; 10-25-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Sometimes it's as simple as having to go to work everyday.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 284 Posts

Call me crazy, but if you wait til you have the cash to buy new equipment it always works out. Financing equipment is a good way to hang yourself. I know it’s common but so are failing businesses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.