Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I need a Ford Excusion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36357-i-need-ford-excusion.html)

MitchStellin 11-06-2002 10:48 AM

Thanks, Norts is awsome to say the least. I don't know if i can wait 4 months though. If I was to set one up it would be just like his. Who knows, he is gathering info so I may still wait. I don't know Nort personally but I can tell from his posts and other dealings with him it would be clean. Plus if it wasn't I would post pics here:eek: :D Just kidding Nort.

R Addiction 11-06-2002 12:25 PM

Mitch, No wonder it's a dog!!! 5.3!!! No offense but if you had a 8.1 with some gear you would be a lot happier!! But stepping over to a FORD!!!!:D :D ;) I'm a tried and true GM man, plus I work at a GM dealer!:D Do you tow with the Burb? If so what?

jafo 11-06-2002 01:06 PM

I used to be tried and true GM guy too- even worked for them in the late 70's. Still have my GTO. But IMHO, their build quality in both cars and trucks has gone in the crapper. Cheap materials, cheaper build specs.
Good choice, Mitch. I've owned Suburbans, and now have a PSD "X". There is no Suburban past or present that will come close to a PSD equipped Excursion as a tow vehicle. Even if you equip one with an 8.1, the gas mileage will kill you compared to the Ford PSD.

Nort- BEAUTIFUL Excursion!- Where did those front end mods come from?!

MitchStellin 11-06-2002 01:08 PM

I hardly tow anything because it won't. I plan on towing a large boat again (I had a 33 Donzi) very soon so I am getting prepared. I bought this for my wife and it was too big for her so now it's mine. I figured a 1/2 to would work....wrong. The big motor was only in the 3/4 ton and there was no Diesel.

OG Outlaw 24 11-06-2002 02:38 PM

I am selling one of my vehicles (Not Needed).

2001 GMC Yukon XL SLT 3/4 Ton 8.1 Liter Gas Motor

Fully Loaded!! Everything except Sunroof and Onstar!!,

36,000 Miles,

Black with neutral leather interior.,

BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's

$33,000

Call me at 517-202-6611

SummerObsession 11-06-2002 02:48 PM

Sorry for the OT question here, but does anyone know when GM will offer the Yukon XL with a Duramax? That seems like it would be a killer tow rig.

SummerObsession 11-06-2002 02:48 PM

Oh yeah:
Nice ride Nort!!
Very cool.

rainmn 11-06-2002 02:58 PM

Hey Nort, what size are those tires? I'm going to need new ones soon, and I've heard about a thousand conflicting stories on what size you can fit on the X without any lift.

RUNNIN A FEVER 11-06-2002 03:01 PM

I'm not a Ford fan but Nort's Excursion runs like a nutered gorilla, while dragging the formula. But you definately want to follow him and not him follow you. High beams are a bit@h!!:) How's the low beams Nort? Same as my trlr?

PhantomChaos 11-06-2002 03:10 PM

Thanks guys.....but really, it's just a truck. :) :) I've had about 5 different guys PM me about this since yesterday!! I'm more worried about getting a new one in time with the new 6.0L diesel.

I need to go and hang out here and do some reseach:
www.DieselStop.com